• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

The latest mock in The Athletic has Dickinson going 4th (they need D), and Demidov going to us at 5. I'd be happy with either.

The latest mock in The Athletic has Dickinson going 4th (they need D), and Demidov going to us at 5. I'd be happy with either.
Are Pronman's mocks typically reasonably accurate?

Also, I wouldn't be so sure that CBJ picks a D at 4. Their pipeline is good at all positions except gaolie. Theu might just pick BPA, which at 4 is probably not Dickinson.

So all but one picked Demidov. 😓
I find it somewhat comical when people talk about Kane/Toews but forget to add: both Keith & Seabrook had just secured top-4 D roster spots on the Hawks, when Kane & Toews were just being drafted - Chi doesn’t have any projected top pairing Dman in their pipeline right now (Rinzel is a work in progress / TBD)
The Hawks will be drafting top 5 for years. They can get a D next year if they have to.
Doesn’t matter, draft is all about trying to get probabilities on ones side, there’s lower probability that all projected D prospects this draft don’t pan out vs hoping to be in a position to land a top pairing Dman in forward heavy drafts of the future - I believe that to have been Habs position last draft (re: Redenbacher) HuGo didn’t expect to be drafting top-5 again & wouldn’t have w a healthy Dach

Secondly if Hawks will be “drafting top-5 for years”, then they are well aware there’s a fair degree of probability to land Bedard‘s cuz in 2-drafts

Last edited:
If they pass on Demidov I’m going to throw a fit. Skill wise it’s not even close to Lindstrom.
They won't. If he is there at 5 we take him. I think we will pass on Lindstrom given health concerns. Feels to much like a potential Dach situation.

Back