• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

They lost in the finals that year to Chicago.

He won the Cup in his rookie year, 7 points in 13 games (in reality, he got 6 points in the first two games he played in). He was a healthy scratch to start the playoffs and then only started playing in the Eastern Conference finals. You're right to say that saying he "produced" in the playoffs was a stretch.

Yeah my bad. There is a bit of a parallel there, but I don't think Zegras will be as good as Seguin.

I promise you Hawks are better than 50/50 to take Demidov.

Only moron GM's put team need over taking BPA at 2 overall when you are minimum 2 years away from mattering.
I am sure that many scouts/GMs don't have the confidence in Demidov that you do. There are plenty of reasons to doubt him... even though his highlight reel is sexy af.

I hope he falls to us and we take him... but I won't feel like we got a can't miss guy until we see him produce in the NHL.

I promise you Hawks are better than 50/50 to take Demidov.

Only moron GM's put team need over taking BPA at 2 overall when you are minimum 2 years away from mattering.
I’ve been on the Demigod bandwagon for a while but he is the Best Forward talent available after Celebrini IMO not slam dunk the BPA…

Demigod is even of slighter build.
Per Scott Powers The Athletic:
People seem to think he’s on the smaller side. I think he’s listed at 5 feet 10 inches, but I also heard an NHL scout say recently that he’s a little taller than Macklin Celebrini, coming in a little over six feet. Do you think his size may be an issue in the NHL?

No, that is wrong. I think he’s got to about 184 (centimeters or 6.04 feet) now, around that. He’s a little taller than me. I think he’ll grow further, too. People usually still grow until they’re 20. I think his father is about 185, something like that. I think he’ll grow.

Not at all. He’s just not a good fit here as we already have 2 under 6 foot tall top six forwards.

yeah we all seem to agree we need to be bigger and stronger but it also seems people usually want a small player.

Our problem as a team has been we always seem to go all one way, either big lunkheads like McCarron, Tinordi et al or all small like Gionta, Camalleri and Gomez.

Teams do not win with too many small players. You cannot have half your top 6 forwards being small, simple as that.

Back