• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

He's probably not NHL caliber. It's do or die time for his NHL career next season.

I like him more than most here, though. But a guy getting regular minutes on the fourth line of one of the 5 worst teams in the league doesn't mean much to me. So if he's not good next year, send him to Laval and let... Oh right we don't have any forwards in Laval pushing to make the NHL.

(Play 7 D)

Last edited:
The same way everyone here has never heard of Brett Seney.

Bottom of the barrel teams are always filed with some interesting names. Happy for 'em, though. They got an NHL paycheck instead of an AHL paycheck.
I like the Hawks and i almost had to google Brent Seney

In his most recent talent rankings, Pronman drops Demigod to 8 best prospect… just behind Catton and Sennecke

Yeah, you can tell when someone is trying to prove their point.

Ovechkin wasn't a great offensive player. Only has 697 assists in 1426 games.

Are you saying Crosby is better?
Agenda alert.

On topic...
Being a product of McKenna isn't a good thing though.

Unless we are getting him as well

There's an excellent point that was brought up by GrandWazoo a few pages ago.

Before this season started, Lindstrom was almost universally projected as a late first / early second round. The earliest ranking I saw him in was 16th.

32 regular season games vaulted him to a projected lottery pick. Was he that convincing in those 32 games? Hell if I know. I really wished he had played a full season. I don't count the 4 playoff games because he returned to play before he was healthy and didn't play well.

That's worrisome to me. I don't like the idea of spending a lottery pick on a guy where I have more questions than I do answers.

The second thing about him: The way he plays translates much more into a winger than center in the NHL.

I have no idea how he'll turn out because I haven't seen him play and in general, a lot of the scouts are guessing based on a thirty game sample. If we take him and he's just a 50-60 point winger, that's a massive failure.

Basically where I am on him. Risky pick imo and if the upside isn't an elite player than that is a no from me.

Back