• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

I’ll take a 65 pt. playoff beast over some Artemi Panerin type, although ideally I’d like to have both on my team.
I still think we need elite talent. Unfortunately our sucking has not paid off like it could have.

If we had bedard or Fantilli I'd be fine with 65 point upside in the lineup.

I still think we need elite talent. Unfortunately our sucking has not paid off like it could have.

If we had bedard or Fantilli I'd be fine with 65 point upside in the lineup.

That's the conundrum, but there is only one elite player in the draft and he's going first. After that it's pick your favorite ice cream, there is a bit of everything for everyone, except elite talent.

That's the conundrum, but there is only one elite player in the draft and he's going first. After that it's pick your favorite ice cream, there is a bit of everything for everyone, except elite talent.

This is why they should draft Dickinson. He’s not individually elite, he’s the next level down. But, combined with Reinbacher, they make for an elite D1 line. Very few teams will be able to ice that calibre of LHS/RHS on a D pair… and potentially for a decade.

It would be the cornerstone of the franchise. Then make more moves to help Slafkovsky.

This is why they should draft Dickinson. He’s not individually elite, he’s the next level down. But, combined with Reinbacher, they make for an elite D1 line. Very few teams will be able to ice that calibre of LHS/RHS on a D pair… and potentially for a decade.

It would be the cornerstone of the franchise. Then make more moves to help Slafkovsky.
Okay, I'll snap my fingers and get that done.

I love the wishful thinking of trading for forwards yet every single name that is brought up is being denied immediately, like any team would be willing to trade their best forwards for our spare Ds.

Reactions: CH1
Need to start a series of unflattering Demidov rumours so he can slide to us

I expect a few to hit elite from this draft

There will be other elite talent. Always is.

Maybe, I'm not convinced that there is that mythical elite D available either, given the lack of consensus on the draft. Maybe a Reinbacher+ type, which is nice, but quality forwards as so hard to get.
Yep, just because the top of the draft is heavy with defensemen doesn't necessarily mean that the defensemen available are that great, it just as likely means that the quality of the available forwards is very meh. Defensemen (and, to a lesser extent, goalies) tend to move up the draft ladder when the quality of the available forwards is low or once the few good ones are off the board.

Maybe, I'm not convinced that there is that mythical elite D available either, given the lack of consensus on the draft. Maybe a Reinbacher+ type, which is nice, but quality forwards as so hard to get.
I'd bet at least 3 elite D are drafted this year.

Back