• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

Somewhat unrelated, but the QMJHL held the first round of their draft today.

Maddox Dagenais, the son of former Hab Pierre Dagenais, went first overall. They're the first father & son combo to both go first overall in the Q's draft.

If some of you from Quebec / NS / NB watch Junior hockey, there are some names worth keeping an eye on.

Somewhat unrelated, but the QMJHL held the first round of their draft today.

Maddox Dagenais, the son of former Hab Pierre Dagenais, went first overall. They're the first father & son combo to both go first overall in the Q's draft.

If some of you from Quebec / NS / NB watch Junior hockey, there are some names worth keeping an eye on.

If he's anything like his father the Habs should steer clear if him.

Reposting: what a difference just 6-months makes…

Sennecke & Lindstrom were honorary mentions, Tij nowhere mentioned
That's always the case, though.

There are always players in the top-10 that plummet & players that are unknown that skyrocket.

As GW mentioned, it's interesting to me that Lindstrom went from honorable mention to virtual lock as a pick in the top-5 through just 32 games.

just as dramatic is Eisermam falling from the unquestioned #2 pick (some even had him as #1)

That's always the case, though.

There are always players in the top-10 that plummet & players that are unknown that skyrocket.

As GW mentioned, it's interesting to me that Lindstrom went from honorable mention to virtual lock as a pick in the top-5 through just 32 games.
The small sample terrifies me. Especially when those 32 games were early in the season when teams are not tuned in yet, and Basha was the play driver on that line, not to mention McKenna on the pp.

Question: not that they’re always right, obviously, but why do you think all these.”professional” scouts who have Lindstrom rated so highly are wrong? They know he only played 32 games this season and yet, they still have ranked top 5 for the most part. I trust them.

just as dramatic is Eisermam falling from the unquestioned #2 pick (some even had him as #1)
I don't think it's that dramatic, honestly. He's going from the concensus #2 to probably being picked around 12th.

That's not as bad as Aatu Raty who was the consensus pre-season #2, only to taken middle of the second round or even worse, Nick Ebert, the consensus #2 in the pre-season to being the last total pick in the draft.

Question: not that they’re always right, obviously, but why do you think all these.”professional” scouts who have Lindstrom rated so highly are wrong? They know he only played 32 games this season and yet, they still have ranked top 5 for the most part.
I don't think anyone's saying they're "wrong", per se.

However, the argument on our end would be, is a 32 game sample enough to catapult someone who wasn't in anyone's top-5 prior to this season? It'd be one thing if he was in Eiserman's shoes and missed half the year due to injury, he was already projected as a top pick.

There are just a lot of unknowns with him.

I don't think anyone's saying they're "wrong", per se.

However, the argument on our end would be, is a 32 game sample enough to catapult someone who wasn't in anyone's top-5 prior to this season? It'd be one thing if he was in Eiserman's shoes and missed half the year due to injury, he was already projected as a top pick.

There are just a lot of unknowns with him.
Understood. . . but the world is filled with late bloomers. I might take him before Demidov anyway but if Demidov is gone at 5, I would definitely take Lindstrom.

Back