• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

Much to Sal's disappointment, Boisvert & Mathias Brunet are having a live podcast to go over Trevor Timmins's time with the Habs and I'm going to go check it out with my fellow cultists.

(Live from Boisvert's parents' basement, too.)
I had a god damn blast.

Got to talk to a bunch of people there, including Mathias & Simon. Good dudes. Simon talked with everyone that wanted some time, even when he said he had to leave, something like an hour or so after the show ended.

I had a god damn blast.

Got to talk to a bunch of people there, including Mathias & Simon. Good dudes. Simon talked with everyone that wanted some time, even when he said he had to leave, something like an hour or so after the show ended.

Any big reveals that jumped out at you?

Craig Button's final rankings.

Top 15:
1. Macklin Celebrini - C
2. Ivan Demidov - LW
3. Tij Iginla - LW
4. Zeev Buium - D
5. Cole Eiserman - LW
6. Konsta Helenius - C
7. Zayne Parekh - D
8. Artyom Levshunov - D
9. Cayden Lindstrom - C
10. Sam Dickinson - D
11. Beckett Sennecke - RW
13. Anton Silayev - D
14. Berkly Catton - C
15. Carter Yakemchuk - D

Button has to be the only pundit who has Eiserman that high or even in the top 10. I think he'd be a great addition, a pure offensive talent, but at 5...? I'd like for HuGo to finagle something to get him with a later pick but not use #5 on him.

Pronman with his latest mock draft (he's been historically the most accurate at predicting what the teams do).

Relevant for us:

Chicago : Leschunov
Ducks : Silayev
CBJ : Lindstrom
Montreal : Demidov (although he thinks we could also go for Sennecke, Iginla or Buium)

Button has to be the only pundit who has Eiserman that high or even in the top 10. I think he'd be a great addition, a pure offensive talent, but at 5...? I'd like for HuGo to finagle something to get him with a later pick but not use #5 on him.
McGuire said a few weeks back, Habs should take Iginla followed by Eiserman at 5OA even w Demigod & Lidstrom available.

He hasn’t budged from the position

Pronman with his latest mock draft (he's been historically the most accurate at predicting what the teams do).

Relevant for us:

Chicago : Leschunov
Ducks : Silayev
CBJ : Lindstrom
Montreal : Demidov (although he thinks we could also go for Sennecke, Iginla or Buium)
1718814462394.png
The answer is nyet. Pronman has us taking not one but two Russians in the first round. He's out to fucking lunch. I'd be surprised with one and that is Demidov.

Back