• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

1. Demigod is insistent he will not sign an extension beyond next season. He's not doing the on ice piece due to an ankle injury but he's resuming duties in 2 weeks. Between 5'11-6'0 right now.

2. Still unclear if this is pushing his stock up or not, belief is he is going top 5

3. Difficult to get a read on who is really interested on Demigod

4. But has cooled some concerns about him.

5. Growing belief that Sennecke is a top 10 pick but push into that 6-7-8 range.

6. Coming out of the combine ,the Sennecke love was apparent more than going into it.

7. No hope that he will be there after 10 - Utah, Ottawa as destinations.

8. No one clear on what Anaheim is going to do at 3.

9. Named Yakemchuk, Silayev, Lindstrom, Demigod, Levshunov for Anaheim

10. Luchanko sneak into the 15-20 range.

11. Fewer than 22 teams will list Trevor Connelly on their draft board - still thinks he goes round 1. But he did himself no favors at the combine. Teams did their due diligence of course.

12. Doesn't believe anything at the Russian combine materially changed how things will unfold at the top of the draft.

13. One concern even if Demigod doesn't extend is that if SKA pushes him into the MHL next year, he won't be ready to go into the NHL right away, so how willing is he to go to the AHL or the junior and develop? Mentions Kravtsov as a horror story to what happens when you bounce around like that.

One concern even if Demigod doesn't extend is that if SKA pushes him into the MHL next year, he won't be ready to go into the NHL right away, so how willing is he to go to the AHL or the junior and develop? Mentions Kravtsov as a horror story to what happens when you bounce around like that.

IMO, that's the primary concern with him. Teams will potentially watch a year of his development burn.

Any big reveals that jumped out at you?
Simon's quite the showman with a crowd in front of him.

Besides that, Simon (the anti-Timmins) and Mathias (the pro-Timmins) didn't have a terribly different score overall.

It was 90 minutes of just talking Timmins's track record. After they were done, some of us got some questions and Mathias didn't like my question.

Reactions: CH1
Simon's quite the showman with a crowd in front of him.

Besides that, Simon (the anti-Timmins) and Mathias (the pro-Timmins) didn't have a terribly different score overall.

It was 90 minutes of just talking Timmins's track record. After they were done, some of us got some questions and Mathias didn't like my question.
What was the question?!?!

What was the question?!?!
I should rephrase. He didn't like how I got to my question. Basically, going year over year & seeing how many players made the league & how many made the league & how many did this, how many did that, doesn't excuse one major thing: Trevor Timmins is directly responsible for the shitshow we have in Montreal right now. And for that reason alone, he deserves an F (or in French, "E" for Échec). Thought I was too harsh.

Then rambled on about how much is it drafting vs development.

Back