• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

When taking his Exceptional Status, sure. But he's still projected as a top 10 pick.

He's no Sean Day, who flat out didn't know how to play.
Was expecting more in junior but never took off

Does nothing great , needs a big year this year

Demidov could have easily gone second.

Chicago got Berard already, had they not he was gone at 2.

Or look at it this way, if Demidov was in next year's draft he'd likely be ranked #1.

Demidov could have easily gone second.

Chicago got Berard already, had they not he was gone at 2.

still don't get Chicago....they totally drafted for need....it's usually a bad idea to draft dmen #1 or #2.......the last one to merit his ranking was Hedman at #2.....15 years ago.....before him, probably Pronger.....

Even Makar went #4......maybe Dahlin is a legit #1 stud, but i'm sure more GM's would take Quinn Hughes over him.....

still don't get Chicago....they totally drafted for need....it's usually a bad idea to draft dmen #1 or #2.......the last one to merit his ranking was Hedman at #2.....15 years ago.....before him, probably Pronger.....

Even Makar went #4......maybe Dahlin is a legit #1 stud, but i'm sure more GM's would take Quinn Hughes over him.....
Hawks took a legit top pair D , no issue with that at all

I would argue projected top pair D followed by C followed by W are the priority order for teams / scouts at draft table - unless there’s an obvious separation of talent as was the case between Celebrini va the rest of the draft cuvée

Last edited:
Yeah if we had Bedard already I would have likely gone Levshunov also, he's not your typical D. Guy is a horse and a talented one.

Back