• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2025-26 Canes Miscellaneous Thread

Played at UCONN, still reps the Whalers. My kind of guy. I'm ok with him not rooting for the Canes. He was a kid when the Whalers moved away. I wonder what NHL team he does root for?

}3
 
Played at UCONN, still reps the Whalers. My kind of guy. I'm ok with him not rooting for the Canes. He was a kid when the Whalers moved away. I wonder what NHL team he does root for?

}3

My guess being from New England he migrated to the Booins. Unless he hated them so much he went a completely different direction.

I remember back in 22 or 23 he played brass bonanza as his walk up song
 
Legault was doing fine before they sent him down. Left , right whatever. His defensive play and big body do great. He is pretty good at the breakout with long passing. Put him with one of the smaller guys who are good point producers.

I can't remember a Chinese fire drill quite like the defense was doing against Vegas. Now we're going to be hearing Jankowski, and the comparison of a swiss army knife forever. With the top half of the defense out this team has to take advantage of home ice.

Another thing. If the team can't buy a power play, send Nadeau back! Lol. Smith come on down... BTW, I have noticed a little more nastiness to Aho's game. This will not be the same playoff team as we are used to. You can't bring up a guy with nastiness and expect him to produce that for the whole team. Team toughness is not just a thing to say.

Can't say enough about Nikishin....
 
Interesting article in The Athletic today: https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/6744992/2025/10/28/world-series-blue-jays-george-springer-hockey/

Toronto Blue Jays outfielder George Springer grew up in Connecticut and idolized the Whalers as a kid. He wears Whaler-colored gloves and matching cleats with his Blue Jays uniform. When asked if he could be a fan of the Carolina Hurricanes, he said he "just can't do it."
Understandable from my perspective. As in F the Colts and the Irsays up the ass w/ a white hot poker.
 
Just seems to be a big risk after the third period that he had tonight. Our injured list is already pretty damn big
 
I mean how beat up he got in the 3rd. Did no one else see him struggling on the bench then take that shot off his ankle?
 
Optional skate today. And per Ryan, the tweet from Chip with Jarvis skating was it, he was only out for a few minutes and he left the ice right after celebrating his goal. He talked with trainer Doug Bennett and headed to the locker room.


View: https://x.com/ryanhenkel_/status/1984289683762004124?s=61

Testing the ankle. Which likely means X-rays negative and he’ll be back when it feels good. Or he might not miss any time knowing that tough SOB
 
Last edited:
Back
Top