• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

24-25 Habs Preseason

Very serious people who are being (very seriously) compensated to share their thoughts and opinions on hockey.

1727474457848.png

He looked good though, another strong season and he might make Primeau available for trades.
He might one day, I won't dispute that.

But the notion that he's "ahead" of Primeau is ludicrous. Dobes stunk in Laval last year before someone woke up and got him a veteran goalie to take a load off of him.

He might one day, I won't dispute that.

But the notion that he's "ahead" of Primeau is ludicrous. Dobes stunk in Laval last year before someone woke up and got him a veteran goalie to take a load off of him.
Montreal fans are bored when there is no goaltender controversy, I don't know what it is, it's like a favorite pastime. Which is funny because I always read today that some think Primeau might be ahead of Montambeault. People are bored and trying to stir things.

Neither Montembeault nor Primeau will be here when this team is contending, so I don't overly care about the goalies for now.

I'll care once Fowler's here, though. Turn pro in April, spend next year in Laval with a few call-ups here & there, and then probably the back-up starting in the 2026-2027 season.

No surprises.

Owen Beck, Jared Davidson, Sean Farrell, Riley Kidney, Filip Mesar, Jacob Perreault, Xavier Simoneau, Luke Tuch, Florian Xhekaj, William Trudeau and Connor Hughes report to Laval

So, let's assume Laine's out for a bit. With this organization, announcing an injury diagnostics always take an incredibly long time and I don't think Laine's going to be out for a week or two, but here's hoping for the best...

Roster currently looks like:

Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Newhook-Dach-Armia
Roy-Dvorak-Anderson
Gallagher-Evans-X

Matheson-Guhle
Hutson-Savard
Xhekaj-Barron
Struble

With Kapanen, Barré-Boulet, Heineman & Pezzetta still up, those four should (in theory) be competing for two spots. RW #4 and the 13th forward.

I think Heineman's the least likely to stick around, while Pezzetta's the most likely to stick as the 13th forward.

Then it becomes a question of, do you want Kapanen on the fourth line in the NHL or in Sweden?

I think Kapanen's going to make the team, especially if Laine's gone for a long time.

Back