• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

24-25 Habs Preseason

I wonder how much their opinions would be different if their nationalities were swapped.

I just want to see Hutson play a full year in the NHL and go from there.

I don't know what "realistic" expectations for him should be.

The NHL isn't flooded with 5'10 d-men and that isn't a coincidence. I don't think anyone doubts his offensive talents, but can he survive in his own end? Can he withstand the physical game at the NHL level?

I wonder how much their opinions would be different if their nationalities were swapped.
They hold Demigod in very high regard…they feel Mitchkov has a very poor skating stride w zero defensive IQ limiting his ability to translating his game to NHL

Verbeek was on the last episode talking about what he looks for in players to draft and why he chose Sennecke and none of it sounded as if Mitchkov would ever be a player he’d even think of considering but Silayev was…

Torts is going to go medieval on Mitchkov’s ass

Last edited:

The NHL isn't flooded with 5'10 d-men and that isn't a coincidence. I don't think anyone doubts his offensive talents, but can he survive in his own end? Can he withstand the physical game at the NHL level?
Seems like his issue on D is speed. Seems to easily get beat wide, and in foot races.

Seems like his issue on D is speed. Seems to easily get beat wide, and in foot races.
Yup. Speed in general.

The main pushback I had for some who said Hutson = Hughes+ was that. Hughes is an all-world skater and Hutson isn't.

Yup. Speed in general.

The main pushback I had for some who said Hutson = Hughes+ was that. Hughes is an all-world skater and Hutson isn't.
Ya. But Hughes lite is fine by me.

I swear he is faster with the puck than without it.

Pair him with Xhekaj and stop worrying. Anyone touches him and the next voice they'll hear is the EMT asking them if they know what year it is while they're being taken to the nearest hospital.

The NHL isn’t flooded with people with this kind of skills either. There will be some growing pains but he’ll be fine, his IQ is off the charts.

Back