• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

Come to think of it Demon Blond has more or less disappeared since DD picked up his game...hmmmm

No offense, but MaxPac, Gallagher, Plekanec, Galchenyuk, Subban were all homegrown. The Wings draft record since Franzen was selected in 2004 has been very avg at best.

Keep in mind Zetterberg & Datsyuk had the luck of being drafted by an org who pre-2004 lockout were always amongst top-2 in $pending. Both of them played 4th line roles for 3+ yrs before being given top-2 line minutes starting in 2005-2006. The rest is a trickle down effect, so they could buy time by keeping prospects in the farm longer.

I cant think of a team in this league that could of survived their injuries and possibly make the playoffs. Top marks to their staff for having 1/2 a team of AHLers all year and be successful

They simply do it the right way

Detroit will eliminate Pens in the first round if they play them....

Nobody fears Pens.....the freakin' Islanders would have eliminated them had Nabokov been average....just average

Doughty tries to deke through 3 guys in the neutral zone, while being the last man back, and loses the puck that leads to a breakaway.....

Subban would have been criticized to no-end if he had done that.....

Sens and Devils win tonight, they are within reach of the Leafs :eek(16):

Doughty tries to deke through 3 guys in the neutral zone, while being the last man back, and loses the puck that leads to a breakaway.....

Subban would have been criticized to no-end if he had done that.....

or if doughty played in a city that cared about hockey

Sens and Devils win tonight, they are within reach of the Leafs :eek(16):

I was mentioning about the Devils a few days ago. they have a slim chance of playoffs but they have the easiest schedule. there percentage has risen to 20 percent compared to the leafs at 4

L.A. is a pretty good hockey town, by American standards.

Not from what my cousins tell me - out of sight out of mind. I was in Chicago a few weeks back, pleasantly surprised how much hockey talk was going on with passers by, airport, hotel, restaurants, with clients. I guess there must be some correlation to actually allowing avg Joe fan to watch their Hawks on TV, just sayin....

Not from what my cousins tell me - out of sight out of mind. I was in Chicago a few weeks back, pleasantly surprised how much hockey talk was going on with passers by, airport, hotel, restaurants, with clients. I guess there must be some correlation to actually allowing avg Joe fan to watch their Hawks on TV, just sayin....

I'm in the L.A. area every summer, and even then, I hear talk about the Kings. Also, a lot of kids play hockey there now.

LA is a good hockey town, lots of fans down there. They're of the casual type but still. But obviously it's LA, they don't live for hockey, when the Kings are not doing well, they just focus on something else. Still, lots of people follow them.

Detroit will eliminate Pens in the first round if they play them....

Nobody fears Pens.....the freakin' Islanders would have eliminated them had Nabokov been average....just average

The Pens really don't scare me, I actually fear TB more as they seem like the play a better team game.

Pens look fragile but at the same time we all know they can turn on the switch and dominate, you just don't what you'll get

LA is a good hockey town, lots of fans down there. They're of the casual type but still. But obviously it's LA, they don't live for hockey, when the Kings are not doing well, they just focus on something else. Still, lots of people follow them.

They don't "live" for any spectator sport. That's an east coast thing, not a west coast thing.

The Pens really don't scare me, I actually fear TB more as they seem like the play a better team game.

Pens look fragile but at the same time we all know they can turn on the switch and dominate, you just don't what you'll get

Same here but for different reasons....Bishop scares me far more than MAF

Back