• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

That a lot salary to eat.

You can't hire a new GM and impose the coach on him or else you'll just have a lame duck GM that is not allowed making his decisions...that never looks good

I asked myself the same question about PKP yesterday...the guy is a billionaire and he's gonna schlep to National Assembly everyday.

I guess money isn't everything

Peladeau, I could understand. His hubris makes him believe he is right all the time and he wants the power.

Linden has no hockey management experience.

You can't hire a new GM and impose the coach on him or else you'll just have a lame duck GM that is not allowed making his decisions...that never looks good

New GM will likely keep the coach for a year.

Its not lame duck GM, quite the opposite... it buys him time.

He can start the rebuild, if shit doesn't go right, its easy to blame the coach that he didn't even hire. He then fires Torts and can buy more time with his own guy.

This is the same thing Gillis did with Vigneault... the cracks were there last year, but it was easy for Gillis to say... hey i never hired the coach, Vigneault is ****ing it up. Now Gillis' problem is he no longer has a scape goat like that and things got even worse with a coach he hired.

New GM will likely keep the coach for a year.

Its not lame duck GM, quite the opposite... it buys him time.

He can start the rebuild, if shit doesn't go right, its easy to blame the coach that he didn't even hire. He then fires Torts and can buy more time with his own guy.

This is the same thing Gillis did with Vigneault... the cracks were there last year, but it was easy for Gillis to say... hey i never hired the coach, Vigneault is ****ing it up. Now Gillis' problem is he no longer has a scape goat like that and things got even worse with a coach he hired.

If they want a fresh start and want to begin a new era it'll be hard to do that with the same coach that apparently is not a popular guy in the room.

You knew it was coming once they were eliminated.

Gillis destroyed their goaltending situation.

Weird timing....why not wait till the season ends at least

Because the Nucks were eliminated. Pissed off ownership = you're fired.

Weird timing....why not wait till the season ends at least

I guess it was way too dysfunctional to keep the status quo for even another day.

So happy to be a Habs fan right now -- the rest of the country is a hot mess when it comes to hockey.

mostly due to being in the weakest division in hockey. Just by showing up they were guaranteed to be top 3 in the conference.

A local scribe showed last year that they truly benefited from the weakest division in hockey.

They had a decent run in the regular season and one playoff year but in reality, they have not done much despite their alleged great hockey.

2001 out in first round
2002 out in first round
2003 out in second after blowing 3-1 series lead to Minnesota
2004 out in first
2006 out in first
2007 out in second I believe
2008 missed
2009 out in second round
2010 out in second round
2011 blew the huge lead in Finals
2012 out in 5
2013 swept

In reality, despite being claimed a top team in the league, they never did anything of significance in the playoffs except for the one year where they almost blew the 3-0 lead to the Hawks.

The only reason why they didn't bow out in the first round in 2003 was because the Blues had an outbreak of SARS. St. Louis was up 3 games to 1 in the series and then the dysentery caught up to them. Some of their players could barely get off the toilet long enough to play.

That chart perfectly showcases the fraud known as Roberto Luongo. He's great in the regular season but once the playoffs start and the games actually matter he implodes. He's a bigger waste of money than Scott Gomez.

Could have also been to send a message to their impending FA that Gillis is gone.

In an absolute MUST WIN for the Washington Capitals (a loss and they are eliminated)… Jaroslav Halak has told coach Adam Oates that he is not comfortable facing his former team, the St. Louis Blues, and doesn’t want to start.

In an absolute MUST WIN for the Washington Capitals (a loss and they are eliminated)… Jaroslav Halak has told coach Adam Oates that he is not comfortable facing his former team, the St. Louis Blues, and doesn’t want to start.

OMG!! Talk about another team with issues if a player is wimping out on them like that

Back