• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

Let's put things in perspective...Habs offer Eller + Beaulieu +1st

Let's imagine that Toronto and Philly will also be in the hunt as they always are when players like this become available

Leafs offer Kadri + Gardiner

Philly offers Couturier + ??

Can we really expect Eller and Beaulieu to get that done??

Don't forget Winter-peg is not a cap team, their preference will be players on ELC or second contracts with UFA time as far away as possible - may not be the prime factor, but have to assume it will be a factor.

he isn't that brash, bright socks are nothing.

Remember this is a fan base who wanted Ribeiro traded for wearing a hat backwards and puffy jackets.

Actually I'm not sure anyone wanted him traded. He was traded because he tried to rape Beliveau's granddaughter.

Last edited:

Remember this is a fan base who wanted Ribeiro traded for wearing a hat backwards and puffy jackets.

U mean that same "character player" the Coyotes have benched down the stretch while desperately trying to make the playoffs?

DD at 3.5M >> Ribs at 5M

U mean that same "character player" the Coyotes have benched down the stretch while desperately trying to make the playoffs?

He's 200 years old now, and your point is meaningless as to why we wanted him traded. He was called a "punk" by Krust and others for wearing a puffy jacket, not corporate enough for the team.

He made the mistake of hitting on Beliveau's granddaughter and he was traded after getting a nice raise from Gainey. He wasn't traded for his play on the ice.

Steve Yzerman gets a four-year extension with the Lightning. He still has one year remaining on his deal.

Kadri reminds me of the Ribs situation a bit. Talented kid, attitude and style of play not appreciated in his market, has been called a diver... something tells me he will have a similar career.

Back