• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

If I were MB, I would take a run at E.Kane this off season. The end of his season has to have WPG management pissed. The guy was a healthy scratch. We were talking about having EITHER/OR Kane and Max, but I think realistically we may be able to get both!

If MB approaches them and offers our 1st plus a roster player and MAYBE a prospect, I am sure that gets done. I drool at the thought of Kane and Max in our top 6. And if the pipe dream of getting Vanek to sign happens as well?! OMG...

If I were MB, I would take a run at E.Kane this off season. The end of his season has to have WPG management pissed. The guy was a healthy scratch. We were talking about having EITHER/OR Kane and Max, but I think realistically we may be able to get both!

If MB approaches them and offers our 1st plus a roster player and MAYBE a prospect, I am sure that gets done. I drool at the thought of Kane and Max in our top 6. And if the pipe dream of getting Vanek to sign happens as well?! OMG...
no cap space for both

no cap space for both

Kane makes 5.25m, there is absolutely room for both. Now... room for those 2 and Vanek? That would require serious shuffling of the deck, but a good GM gets it done.

If we want Kane better be ready to give up Gallagher as a starting point and possibly Eller also.

Or Eller + Beaulieu + 1st at the draft?

you're not getting a talent like Kane for a third liner and a dman that hasn't made the NHL yet

Gallagher is a guy that the Jets can insert in their top six right away...but personally I like Gallagher way too much and it would sting losing him

If we want Kane better be ready to give up Gallagher as a starting point and possibly Eller also.

with his apparent drinking the friday night before a saturday game....he might come pretty cheap

you're not getting a talent like Kane for a third liner and a dman that hasn't made the NHL yet

Gallagher is a guy that the Jets can insert in their top six right away...but personally I like Gallagher way too much and it would sting losing him

people overate what these types of players get

young roster player, prospect, first rounder is pretty much the standard

For example:

Jakob Silfverberg heads to the Ducks in exchange for Ryan, along with Stefan Noesen and a first-round pick in 2014.
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/senators-acquire-bobby-ryan-from-ducks-1.1375423

Yeah but what was Anaheims objective? Clear cap space

They have no choice but to get that kind of return.

I'm quite certain Winnipeg is not looking to clear cap space and are looking to make a trade that will enable them to get talent that will improve them immediately and not in 4 years

people overate what these types of players get

young roster player, prospect, first rounder is pretty much the standard

Let's put things in perspective...Habs offer Eller + Beaulieu +1st

Let's imagine that Toronto and Philly will also be in the hunt as they always are when players like this become available

Leafs offer Kadri + Gardiner

Philly offers Couturier + ??

Can we really expect Eller and Beaulieu to get that done??

Let's imagine that Toronto and Philly will also be in the hunt as they always are when players like this become available

No way they offer Couturier.

And I do think a package like that gets done. It all comes down to timing. How many here thought Vanek could be had for what we gave?

Yeah but what was Anaheims objective? Clear cap space

They have no choice but to get that kind of return.

I'm quite certain Winnipeg is not looking to clear cap space and are looking to make a trade that will enable them to get talent that will improve them immediately and not in 4 years

they are looking to get rid of a trouble maker

if they are not looking to get rid of him then he will not be traded

toronto doesnt have the cap space

and philly wont offer him

im not saying we have the right mix of young player, prospect, draft pick.... but if E Kane is trade that is what it will most likely be for

you're not getting a talent like Kane for a third liner and a dman that hasn't made the NHL yetGallagher is a guy that the Jets can insert in their top six right away...but personally I like Gallagher way too much and it would sting losing him

that thug's talent won't serve us well when he is in jail

Also something like this....
The Bruins traded Tyler Seguin, Rich Peverley and Ryan Button to the Stars in exchange for Loui Eriksson, Joe Morrow, Reilly Smith, and Matt Fraser.

kessel was another.... 2 firsts and a 2nd

double dion - a pile of crap

Jeff Carter from the Philadelphia Flyers on Thursday in exchange for forward Jakub Voracek as well as first-round pick and third-round 2011 picks.

Mike Richards to the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for prized prospect Brayden Schenn, winger Wayne Simmonds and an undisclosed draft pick.

and most of these players have proven more than E Kane

kane has scored 50 points once... and 30 goals once...is 147th in scoring this year (39 points)

feel free to post some more recent trades of good young players

that thug's talent won't serve us well when he is in jail

It's a high risk high reward move no doubt - will come down to how strong a support system this team is (the locker room). An E.Kane who concentrates on hockey & performs is the type of player this org hasn't had in a long time - combination of elite speed + toughness + 30-goal capability.

Back