• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

Kadri reminds me of the Ribs situation a bit. Talented kid, attitude and style of play not appreciated in his market, has been called a diver... something tells me he will have a similar career.

he is a good bet to get moved this summer and look for the Leafs to make a pitch for Stastny.

Devils lost 1-0 and more or less took themselves out of contention like the Leafs.

he is a good bet to get moved this summer and look for the Leafs to make a pitch for Stastny.

0% chance unless they trade Phaneuf or Clarkson while retaining some of his salary.

What money do they have to spend on Stastny?

They're in cap hell.

They have $21M to spend on re-signing Bolland (who allegedly wants $5M+), Raymond (Who'll want a big raise on the $1M he made this year), Kulemin & McClement. Then on D they have Gardiner who's probably going to make $3M+ instead of the $875k he made this year, Franson wants a salary increase although they might just walk away from him, Paul Ranger's an impending UFA & they'll need a new backup. Add to that the fact that they desperately need an upgrade on D...

Where are they going to find the money to give Stastny, who'll be looking for $6M+?

Devils lost 1-0 and more or less took themselves out of contention like the Leafs.

I'll never be sad to watch that sad sack of shit franchise lose.

They could lose 82 games by the score of 10-0 every time and I still won't be quite satisfied.

Yes, the Devils, unlike the Red Wings, have lost the mojo. I know they are only a handful of points apart, but really, does anyone see them on the same level anymore going forward? They both had great runs.

Man, what a bunch of keystone cops in the East, falling over each other NOT to make the playoffs. Of all those pretenders, I really thought the Islanders would be better. Washington,too,somewhat.

0% chance unless they trade Phaneuf or Clarkson while retaining some of his salary.

What money do they have to spend on Stastny?

They're in cap hell.

They have $21M to spend on re-signing Bolland (who allegedly wants $5M+), Raymond (Who'll want a big raise on the $1M he made this year), Kulemin & McClement. Then on D they have Gardiner who's probably going to make $3M+ instead of the $875k he made this year, Franson wants a salary increase although they might just walk away from him, Paul Ranger's an impending UFA & they'll need a new backup. Add to that the fact that they desperately need an upgrade on D...

Where are they going to find the money to give Stastny, who'll be looking for $6M+?

And what makes you think they want to re-sign Bolland? Kumelin? I can see them making a pitch for Stastny. Whether they land him is a different story.

Unreal how these East teams are just faltering at the wrong times...anyone who thinks any of these teams will be a threat to Boston is just wrong.

Columbus, NJ, Washington, Toronto whoever it is

Sounds like a shake-up with the Canucks is coming.

Trevor Linden is expected to be named president of hockey operations.

Gillis is toast....

So when do the Habs name a former great as Prez since that's the latest trend?

Sounds like a shake-up with the Canucks is coming.

Trevor Linden is expected to be named president of hockey operations.

Torts is done also...the guy is the new Mike Keenan, he kept finding work despite alienating a lot of his players and after a while the job offers will stop coming.

Unreal how these East teams are just faltering at the wrong times...anyone who thinks any of these teams will be a threat to Boston is just wrong.

Columbus, NJ, Washington, Toronto whoever it is

Though picking anyone other than Boston at this point is mere wishing, as the Bruins have not shown to me they are ready for a fall,Tampa could win the East.

Torts is done also...the guy is the new Mike Keenan, he kept finding work despite alienating a lot of his players and after a while the job offers will stop coming.

Dump the GM, but I'd leave Torts around for a bit. Give him another half season, if they still suck, then can him mid-season.

Like I said before, Devils are just a bit too old and slow.

they are 0-11 in shootouts...i believe they have scored a grand total of 3 goals in the SO

even if they accidently win a couple and go 2-9 they are right in the mix

Aquilini will have to pay out a ton if he fires tweedle dee and/or tweedle dum

Why would Linden want the job, he has his fitness empire rolling big time.

BTW, it was nice to know the evil empire was finally officially eliminated last night. #quietspring

That a lot salary to eat.

Vancouver fans are idiots, they were spoiled with good hockey for so many years, now they want everybody's head because they had one season where things didn't work out. Really silly...

they are 0-11 in shootouts...i believe they have scored a grand total of 3 goals in the SO

even if they accidently win a couple and go 2-9 they are right in the mix

It goes back further than that, something like 0-15 in shootouts, anyway, if you have to rely on so many shootouts to win, maybe they shouldn't be there anyway.

Vancouver fans are idiots, they were spoiled with good hockey for so many years, now they want everybody's head because they had one season where things didn't work out. Really silly...

mostly due to being in the weakest division in hockey. Just by showing up they were guaranteed to be top 3 in the conference.

A local scribe showed last year that they truly benefited from the weakest division in hockey.

They had a decent run in the regular season and one playoff year but in reality, they have not done much despite their alleged great hockey.

2001 out in first round
2002 out in first round
2003 out in second after blowing 3-1 series lead to Minnesota
2004 out in first
2006 out in first
2007 out in second I believe
2008 missed
2009 out in second round
2010 out in second round
2011 blew the huge lead in Finals
2012 out in 5
2013 swept

In reality, despite being claimed a top team in the league, they never did anything of significance in the playoffs except for the one year where they almost blew the 3-0 lead to the Hawks.

Last edited:

Aquilini will have to pay out a ton if he fires tweedle dee and/or tweedle dum

Why would Linden want the job, he has his fitness empire rolling big time.
BTW, it was nice to know the evil empire was finally officially eliminated last night. #quietspring

I asked myself the same question about PKP yesterday...the guy is a billionaire and he's gonna schlep to National Assembly everyday.

I guess money isn't everything

Back