• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

TB getting dominated in the 2nd by the Leafs

Anyone want to bet the Senators move to Quebec City within five years?

If Pleks is playing the pure shutdown role, you play him with Bournival & Gionta and a third line of Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher.

I still have no idea where Brière is supposed to "fit" in this team.

Ondrej Palat is a player I was completely wrong about when I watched him in Junior.

I'm still utterly shocked that he's having as much success as he is in the NHL. I don't remember a player I was more wrong about when evaluating them for a draft.

what is up with Bolts and all these giant goalies ? Lindback is 6 '6 !!

Ondrej Palat is a player I was completely wrong about when I watched him in Junior.

I'm still utterly shocked that he's having as much success as he is in the NHL. I don't remember a player I was more wrong about when evaluating them for a draft.

Another team that does well in player development...palat, johnson, panic, Brown etc....all spent time in Syracuse in the AHL

Looks like Columbus blew a lead with less than a minute left

Phoenix tied the game with 15 seconds left so Columbus still gets a point

Man seems like no one wants that final spot in the playoffs too badly

Another team that does well in player development...palat, johnson, panic, Brown etc....all spent time in Syracuse in the AHL

Only when Yzerman arrived and changed everything. They're doing it the Detroit way where they hire better staff instead of the cronies that wrecked that franchise. Before that, Tampa was the absolute worst team in the league when it came to drafting & developing players.

Yzerman hired Julien Brisebois (Assistant GM), Pat Verbeek (Director Player Personnel), Al Murray (Director of amateur scouting)... They've all had a huge impact so far. If you go check out Tampa's draft history prior to 2010, excluding the lottery (top-5) picks, there's ****ing nothing. They've drafted a total of six players who have 500 games played. Only 6 in 16 years (including Cory Cross in the supplemental draft). Beyond awful.

Wasn't Yzerman our second choice when we hired Gainey?

He kept playing because he didn't get the job. Thanks for clearing that up.

Too bad because you know his first moves would have been to draft Jeff Richards (instead of AKos) and Patrice Bergeron (instead of Urquhart).

No worries because we will get our revenge in a few weeks.

Sounds like a shake-up with the Canucks is coming.

Trevor Linden is expected to be named president of hockey operations.
Per Ken Campbell of The Hockey News, former Hockey Canada Prez & CEO Bob Nicholson is negotiating with Canucks ownership to takeover as new Prez & he'll likely name Linden as GM. Nicholson apparently turned down a Caps offer last week & turned down MLSE's offer last summer before they turned to Leiweke.

Nicholson lives in Penticton & wants to stay close to home to spend more time with the family.

Back