• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

What kind of experience does Linden have?

He was involved with the players union.

On the hockey management side: Diddly.Squat.

Sounds like a brilliant choice

And just out of curiosity is running hockey Canada really something that gives you some kind of credibility as a premium hockey administrator....isn't it just a sort of ambassador role while you let real hockey men run the Olympic team, world junior team and world championship team

Don't look now, but Colorado's 2 points behind St. Louis for the division lead.

Could you imagine a St. Louis - Chicago first round series? Holy. Shit. That's a mini-Stanley Cup finals in of itself. Must-see TV. That could even be the best series of the whole playoffs.

Go Colorado go, I want to see that series.

Could you imagine a St. Louis - Chicago first round series? Holy. Shit. That's a mini-Stanley Cup finals in of itself. Must-see TV. That could even be the best series of the whole playoffs.

I think any of the matchups involving those three teams would be great...Chicago vs Colorado sounds pretty good too, alot of talent there.

Andy Strickland
Jaro Halak tells me he never told #Caps Head Coach he didn't want to play against #stlblues. Halak says what's out there isn't true.

If Halak did suggest he not play, that was a great decision, he should be the Caps coach next year.

NHLonTSN: Farhan Lalji is told that Trevor Linden will be named President of the Vancouver Canucks today.

Sounds like Kris Letang will return to the Penguins' lineup tonight.

I think any of the matchups involving those three teams would be great...Chicago vs Colorado sounds pretty good too, alot of talent there.

I want to see St. Louis - Chicago because I could make a legitimate argument that both teams could represent the West in the Cup finals.

And being able to watch that series when both teams are still fresh and relatively injury-free? Shiiieeeeeeeet...

Yeah, that Patrick Roy is awful. He's too much of a wildcard for Montreal. They should never hire him.

All the guy does is win.

Roy is looking good, but so did Paul MacClean last year. It definitely helps when you have elite goaltending.

I want to see how good his teams will look like in year 3.

There are so many coaches who have a great first year and then fade.

Yeah, that Patrick Roy is awful. He's too much of a wildcard for Montreal. They should never hire him.

All the guy does is win.

He apparently wanted a say, whatever that means, in trades. I can see why MB passed.

Say hello to your new TML coach. Probably a great fit too.
Good coach, but wouldn't say great fit - he's defensively oriented the Leafs are not defensively aware as a group. Nothing says, Nonis or whoever the new GM is won't overhaul the players to fit Trotz...

There will be a lot of coaching vacancies this off season.

Toronto, Vancouver, Washington possibly, Ottawa maybe, Carolina,

Trotz will be sought after

Good coach, but wouldn't say great fit - he's defensively oriented the Leafs are not defensively aware as a group. Nothing says, Nonis or whoever the new GM is won't overhaul the players to fit Trotz...

And that's why he'd be a good fit. That team needs some defensive structure.

Back