• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

NHLonTSN: Bob McKenzie confirms that MLSE president, Tim Leiweke has contacted Brendan Shanahan for a top hockey operations position with the Leafs.

Ovechkin seemed completely disinterested after the olympics...I think he put so much energy in the first half in being ready for the Olympics that the result just shattered him.

He's far from being a leader, Caps may find themselves better off moving him to change the face of the team

It doesn't help when your head coach decides that Jay Beagle should be the first line centre for a month. Thats a brutal decision by Oates.

Vancouver fans are whiny, spoiled and bitchy.

actually they are just nouveau *******s with a sense of entitlement after years of being in an extremely weak division. They switched divisions to a tough one and voila, they didn't make the post season.

LightningTimes: Ben Bishop's agent says his client has an elbow injury. Agent said he has no other details.

With Detroit's loss tonight, Tampa is confirmed as the Habs' first round opponent. Too bad. I would have preferred to face Detroit just from an entertainment standpoint. Tampa does nothing for me. The series against them in 2004 was boring and I expect this one will be also, regardless of the outcome.

NHLonTSN: Bob McKenzie confirms that MLSE president, Tim Leiweke has contacted Brendan Shanahan for a top hockey operations position with the Leafs.

Wonder how much sway Shanahan's wife has nowadays - will she kibosh it the way she did him signing w the Habs as UFA in 2006?

TSNBobMcKenzie: No official confirmation but expectation is Ryan Smyth planning to announce his retirement and Saturday vs. VAN will be his final NHL game.

Flyers in danger of falling to a wild card spot. Another Flyers-Pens classic?

Hope_Smoke: Dreger: "names that are circulating around Shanahan are Martin Lapointe, Kris Draper and Pete DeBoer as a coach."

Hope_Smoke: Dreger: "names that are circulating around Shanahan are Martin Lapointe, Kris Draper and Pete DeBoer as a coach."

Marty Lapointe?

When the hell has he coached?

Peter DeBoar would be an excellent choice in my opinion to fix the defensive mess there...but isn't he still in NJ?

Back