• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

Does Barry Trotz last 15 years in Montreal or Toronto with the exact same regular season and playoff results he's had in Nashville?

hell, we fired a coach after winning a cup in 1971, and fired two guys two years after they won cups, no way.

even if we hired scarface, by the end of the first period of the first exhibition game, someone would be calling for his head

hell, we fired a coach after winning a cup in 1971, and fired two guys two years after they won cups, no way.

even if we hired scarface, by the end of the first period of the first exhibition game, someone would be calling for his head

I'm sure you would as you seem to have such a hate for him.

because...

we fired a coach after winning a cup in 1971, and fired two guys two years after they won cups

there were reasons for doing so back then

1. Henri Richard hated Al McNeill. Henri won.

2. Larry Robinson hated Jean Perron, Larry won.

3. Corey overreacted to missing the post season in 94-95 in a shortened season and to losing the first four the next year. We should not have fired Demers.

Does Barry Trotz last 15 years in Montreal or Toronto with the exact same regular season and playoff results he's had in Nashville?

Filippe Alou lasted in Mtl, Trotz is the Alou of the NHL - the Preds the Expos, never able to afford the top players and losing top talent yet trying to remain competitive....

I dont see any of the elite teams hiring Trotz, an interim basis the only exception.

there were reasons for doing so back then

1. Henri Richard hated Al McNeill. Henri won.

2. Larry Robinson hated Jean Perron, Larry won.

3. Corey overreacted to missing the post season in 94-95 in a shortened season and to losing the first four the next year. We should not have fired Demers.

4. PK Subban hated MT, PK won.

I dont see any of the elite teams hiring Trotz, an interim basis the only exception.

The elite teams all made the playoffs...so I doubt they fire the current coach to hire Trotz.

The elite teams all made the playoffs...so I doubt they fire the current coach to hire Trotz.

LOL I meant the NHL bourgeoisie like the Leafs. But then ...listening to Fan 590, Kypreos says Trotz would be # 1 on their list.

Elliot Friedman of CBC was on the TSN radio show in MTL and said teams like Leafs, Vancouver, Winnipeg will probably call Trotz to see if he has some interest....

Also noted that Trotz would be a nice fit in Pittsburgh if Pens fall short again with Bylsma...

Elliot Friedman of CBC was on the TSN radio show in MTL and said teams like Leafs, Vancouver, Winnipeg will probably call Trotz to see if he has some interest....

Also noted that Trotz would be a nice fit in Pittsburgh if Pens fall short again with Bylsma...

Yeah, I think it might be Blysma last season in Pittsburgh.

I just dont know how you can sell your fans someone who coached only a lowly franchise team for so many mediocre years, especially in a hockey savvy market.

I just dont know how you can sell your fans someone who coached only a lowly franchise team for so many mediocre years, especially in a hockey savvy market.

I wouldn't be thrilled if Trotz was hired to coach here

On NHL radio this morning they said, the Caps ownership has zeroed in on Trotz as their head coach - also he used to coach their AHL team before going to Nashville, there's familiarity with members of ownership who used to own the Portland Pirates.

Oh yeah, they said McPhee & Oates have met with ownership and would not be returning. Interesting, there will be no end of season PC with McPhee, Oates or the players.

Last edited:

The owner alienated the coaches and GM over the years by being very chummy with Ovechkin....can't do that....

Back