• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

Was listening to NHL radio on my drive home, they said "quiet rumors making the rounds Lombardi considering buyout of Mike Richards". The Kings brass wondering if all the wear & tear has made Richards unable to keep up with the speed of the game.

IF it comes to fruition, how the mighty have fallen.

Was listening to NHL radio on my drive home, they said "quiet rumors making the rounds Lombardi considering buyout of Mike Richards". The Kings brass wondering if all the wear & tear has made Richards unable to keep up with the speed of the game.

Would they have won the Cup with Simmonds instead of Richards?

Four years later in 2007, our top 3 picks:

McDonagh
Pacioretty
Subban

Here is the list:

Carter
Parise
Getzlaf
Perry
Richards
Burns

Did I miss anyone?

But if you want me to be more specific...

Other 1st rounders

Dustin Brown
Brent Seabrook
Robert Nilsson
Ryan Kesler

2nd rounders
Loui Eriksson
Patrice Bergeron
Shea Weber
David Backes

Even Corey Crawford and Jimmy Howard were taken in the 2nd round and would have been a lot better than A-Kos

The lunch show on TSN 1050 was discussing whether the NYR should (purely speculation) buy Brad Richards out after this year despite him having a bounce back season.

I wouldn't be surprised either way. Richards is getting a lot of money for the little contribution he brings these days.

The lunch show on TSN 1050 was discussing whether the NYR should (purely speculation) buy Brad Richards out after this year despite him having a bounce back season.

I wouldn't be surprised either way. Richards is getting a lot of money for the little contribution he brings these days.

they will buy him out and fk it up with someone else the Sather way, at least he did the right thing walking away with from Callahan

better than 50/50 it happens with your last of the compliance buyouts . All it proves is these ridiculous long term deals will bite you in the ass at some point , ala Lecavalier , Breezy , Gomez , etc...

Some players like Richards hit decline stage in their late 20`s and they become 45-55 point players , doubt Lombardi wants him around for 6 more years to be a 4th line plug at some point.

if only that guy would get me a point in my pool

then again, I am 20 points behind so I am screwed

Yeah he's not a guy that's going to tear up hockey pools but he will put up some points. He's more of a guy that you can trust in all situations... and he should put up 30-45 points most years.

I figured he would have 3-4 by now, nothing amazing but he was my last pick. He has 0

Roy will win....

But it should be Babcock.....what he did with an AHL team was nothing short of amazing

Always seems to be the case. Hire a coach that is the complete opposite of the previous one.

That's how it works. After the too emotional Carbo we hired the "tactician" Martin and then replaced him with the emotional Therrien.

And carousel continues. Krust we should have gone into coaching. Get one and boom you are constantly hired thereafter.

Back