• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

We got a break with Bishop out

I keep hearing this, but sorry, Bishop wasn't changing that series.... maybe he wins a game for them and we take them in 5 but nothing more than that.

Montreal completely dominated possession against tampa, like absolute total domination.

That said, Tampa is a better team this year, and part (but not all) is due to Goaltending.

Bigger factors are

1) Stamkos is 100% and not coming off a broken leg.
2) Tyler Johnson has really matured as a player.
3) Defence is better with Stralman.

Can't believe that Tyler Johnson went undrafted. We need to get a find like that.

You didn't just compare DD to Tyler Johnson did you?

You didn't just compare DD to Tyler Johnson did you?

DD was our undrafted find. Both small players. Sure Johnson has had a great half season but DD put up 60 points in his second year.

Maybe if we had a better coach DD would be better.

If we had signed Tyler Johnson, there would have been so much moaning and whining that we have another 5'9" player in our ranks.

I keep hearing this, but sorry, Bishop wasn't changing that series.... maybe he wins a game for them and we take them in 5 but nothing more than that.

Montreal completely dominated possession against tampa, like absolute total domination.

That said, Tampa is a better team this year, and part (but not all) is due to Goaltending.

Bigger factors are

1) Stamkos is 100% and not coming off a broken leg.
2) Tyler Johnson has really matured as a player.
3) Defence is better with Stralman.

Do you have selective amnesia and forget all of the terrible goals Lindback gave up? If they had Bishop, that would have been a very tough series for us. Price didn't play great that series. I'm not even sure we would have won. Over in 5???

The Predators have assigned top prospect Kevin Fiala from the SHL to the AHL.

Price played poorly in 1 game. 1 game

He played really well in only one game, though. The three others could have gone either way.

Saying Bishop wouldn't have changed anything except maybe make it a five game series is silly, though.

He didnt have to. Go back amd check the possession stats in the series. Montreal was at around 60% every game

He didnt have to. Go back amd check the possession stats in the series. Montreal was at around 60% every game

It was like Therrien wasn't our coach and we hired some analytics geek to coach them.

Back