• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

I think it's a great deal for Pittsburgh.

Galch is a UFA gone at the end of the year anyway, and sucks, so no loss there. The 1st is super late. The prospect seems to be whatever.

And Zucker is a really dangerous forward who is going to play with Sid or Malkin. He's going to be really good there. And signed for a reasonable hit for three more years. He should be able to get 30 goals playing with those guys.

l
EQHjy1-WkAAfWiV

Hard to beat up on Rutherford after he gambled and won two Cups with wheelin and Dealin. NO one is laughing at Zach Hyman or Joe Sakic either these days. Or Cam Neely.

Galchenyuk stinks.

Yeah, I don't consider him part of the return. They're likely to just let him walk as a UFA

25-30th pick is valuable but not an A asset.

People seem to get pretty good assets for 1st round picks regularly in trade. "A" asset? Maybe not, but a B+ asset...for Zucker?

Addison is?

PPG+ RHD defensive prospect. Plus skater, good all around. Probably a #2-3 upside in the mold of the Dubas "modern" NHL defender.

Zucker could blow up on PIT.

I'm not sure why we would think so. 1.89 P/60 on almost 15% OISH. -3.39 xgf rel, one of the worst marks among Wild forwards this season. 1.37 P/60 last season (8th among Wild forwards). 2.1 P/60 the year prior. Which makes this season look a lot more like that Zucker than last season's Zucker if you squint a bit, but 14.8% OISH makes that just flat out unsustainable, or even close. 10.89% 5 on 5 OISH as well, compare that to 5 on 5 god, Auston Matthews at 9.52% 5 on 5 OISH.

To be fair, his 18/19 season was a SH%/OISH% shit show. So we if take seasons 25-27 as a unit to iron out the shooting percentage driven wrinkles, he comes out at 1.76 P/60. Kappy has been 1.82 over the same period, Hyman 1.87, AJ 2.08. That's a lot of cake and term for a middle 6 winger on the wrong side of his offensive prime.

If we had made a similar trade: A 1st + good but not great prospect (probably a better prospect than anything we gave up in the Muzz deal)for a guy in the middle of a flat out bad season, signed for 3/16.5, who was never that good to begin with, you would have hated it. Shit, if we signed Zucker this summer to a 3/16.5 deal with no lost assets, you would hate it.

Yeah, I don't consider him part of the return. They're likely to just let him walk as a UFA

People seem to get pretty good assets for 1st round picks regularly in trade. "A" asset? Maybe not, but a B+ asset...for Zucker?

PPG+ RHD defensive prospect. Plus skater, good all around. Probably a #2-3 upside in the mold of the Dubas "modern" NHL defender.

I'm not sure why we would think so. 1.89 P/60 on almost 15% OISH. -3.39 xgf rel, one of the worst marks among Wild forwards this season. 1.37 P/60 last season (8th among Wild forwards). 2.1 P/60 the year prior. Which makes this season look a lot more like that Zucker than last season's Zucker if you squint a bit, but 14.8% OISH makes that just flat out unsustainable, or even close. 10.89% 5 on 5 OISH as well, compare that to 5 on 5 god, Auston Matthews at 9.52% 5 on 5 OISH.

To be fair, his 18/19 season was a SH%/OISH% shit show. So we if take seasons 25-27 as a unit to iron out the shooting percentage driven wrinkles, he comes out at 1.76 P/60. Kappy has been 1.82 over the same period, Hyman 1.87, AJ 2.08. That's a lot of cake and term for a middle 6 winger on the wrong side of his offensive prime.

If we had made a similar trade: A 1st + good but not great prospect (probably a better prospect than anything we gave up in the Muzz deal)for a guy in the middle of a flat out bad season, signed for 3/16.5, who was never that good to begin with, you would have hated it. Shit, if we signed Zucker this summer to a 3/16.5 deal with no lost assets, you would hate it.

I thought I remembered zucker being better than that. Though maybe that was a couple years ago now. But I remember him having legit 1st line production and usage at some point.

He’s a very good player.

These tales are going to look real bad real soon. He’s a strong addition to an already really strong team.

Oh, it makes the Pens better. AG is busted trash. But that's a 1st and their top prospect for a meh middle 6 winger signed to too much money for a guy who has more than 22 goals or 47 points in a season exactly once.

Yeah, if Galchenyuk is a pending UFA at least the trade makes a little more sense, since I doubt they'd re-sign him. Calen Addison is a really good prospect, but him and a late 1st isn't crazy outrageous for Zucker (I still wouldn't have done it, though). Galch is a "name" we still associate with upside, but the bottom line is that he sucks and has flamed out of 3 organizations now.

Oh, it makes the Pens better. AG is busted trash. But that's a 1st and their top prospect for a meh middle 6 winger signed to too much money for a guy who has more than 22 goals or 47 points in a season exactly once.

Except that he’s not meh in any way. You’ll see once he starts playing with one of the big boys.

Back