• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Like 3 goals in a single period 9 times out of 15 games?

Such an insane stat. Like...we've had so many astoundingly bad Leaf goalies in the past 20 years, but somehow Hutch managed to get right up (down?) there among the very worst of them.

I bet that if Matthews had only 20 goals this year, and Hutch gave us .910 goaltending, we'd be ahead of where we are now.

Eh.

Hutch is 4-6-1 in his starts.

Of the 3 losses he got in relief, only the last one is fairly put on him.

There seemed to be more outrage with Sparks last year. Hutch is in a league of his own.

Sparks last year was way better than Hutch has been this year, but Hutch generally kept his head down and kept quiet.

It was Sparks' mouth that kept getting him in trouble with the fanbase & media.

Yup, it was so bad I called it that he was never going to play for us again.

It was so obvious. Some scrub can't call out the team like that and expect to stay.

I love how Bettman spells Kostopoulos differently each time he tries and wrong each time.

The hit that Campbell apparently thought Van Ryn should be suspended for:

It's really mind boggling that this guy is still one of the highest-ranking NHL employees.

Pretty sure that was a joke. It better be, or we just have to assume ol' Colin may have suffered a few too many blows to the head himself.

The hit that Campbell apparently thought Van Ryn should be suspended for:

It's really mind boggling that this guy is still one of the highest-ranking NHL employees.

It's a damn good thing that all of those guys out there were willing to drop the gloves and go after Kotsopolous, so as to deter future predatory hits like this. That sure showed him.

It appears to be a theme in all of the emails. "Needs to be told to keep his head up" over and over again.
Keeping your head up was extremely important in the days before helmets, and even in the 70s and 80s with helmets, with all the rough stuff going on out there. Players were always told to keep their heads up for obvious reasons. It's a physical game.

I guess Colin's old-school, which is not surprising considering when he played.

Keeping your head up was extremely important in the days before helmets, and even in the 70s and 80s with helmets, with all the rough stuff going on out there. Players were always told to keep their heads up for obvious reasons. It's a physical game.

I guess Colin's old-school, which is not surprising considering when he played.

Cool. Then everyone found out about CTE and he's still callously shitting on victims of dangerous hits, so he can go fuck himself as far as I'm concerned.

Cool. Then everyone found out about CTE and he's still callously shitting on victims of dangerous hits, so he can go **** himself as far as I'm concerned.

But the NHL lawyers are telling head office to not worry about CTE and let the NFL "deal" with it (aka, make the problem go away with money and influence)...so did they really "find out" about CTE?

Back