• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Mutual termination itself is the mechanism, I believe.

A non 35+ contract can essentially be voided as long as both sides agree to it. The catch is that Byfuglien would have to walk away from the combined $14M in salary he's owed this year and next, so I'm honestly a little baffled that he'd be willing to do this.

Would certainly seem to be an indication that he wants to get back to playing in a destination of his choosing, because if he didn't intend to play again, he could continue his grievance to be paid this year's salary, then go on LTIR and collect his entire salary next year.

well he is suspended so he is not getting paid anyway

We all knew it would happen but Jesus that Skinner contract. And they still have Oposo. And they made 2 separate trades to get Jimmy Vesey...
I think the owner, who people were so happy to get has turned into an issue,. They've been terrible at spending $ since he took over. Might be a lot of pressure coming on management.
It's funny how Dubas got so much more shit for signing Nylander at 6.9. LOL

We all knew it would happen but Jesus that Skinner contract. And they still have Oposo. And they made 2 separate trades to get Jimmy Vesey...
I think the owner, who people were so happy to get has turned into an issue,. They've been terrible at spending $ since he took over. Might be a lot of pressure coming on management.
It's funny how Dubas got so much more shit for signing Nylander at 6.9. LOL

The regime is borderline NHL caliber like my Habs

Their draft/development in the last decade has been brutal minus 2 gifts that fell on their lap

Those 2 contracts were as dumb as Price`s .... brutal the second the ink dried

Montour was one of the classic "would be a huge upgrade for the leafs, better than rielly" guys back when he was traded. Both by the meatheads and by the qoc-ignoring nerds.

There are so many DMen that are supposed to be better than Rielly.
Those Ducks DMen have gotten horribly overrated

Its crazy especially given that the ducks have been terrible defensively for a while now.

Lindholm is the one gem there tho.

I've always said the players that get overrated are the ones in small hockey markets no one watches.
There's a certain kind of fan who thinks they look very inside if they say OEL is a top 3 D and claim they watch Arizona a lot.

I've always said the players that get overrated are the ones in small hockey markets no one watches.
There's a certain kind of fan who thinks they look very inside if they say OEL is a top 3 D and claim they watch Arizona a lot.

Them fancy stats work the same in small market cities as bigger ones. Maff is maff.

All they gotta do is look at the maff.

Florida lost to Vegas 7-2. Could you imagine those losses happening with a 10 million dollar goalie here?

Florida lost to Vegas 7-2. Could you imagine those losses happening with a 10 million dollar goalie here?
That's a point I made. I can't imagine the headlines if Dubas made a signing like that. I know some people have mentioned it but in a big hockey market that's a disaster.

Seems teams are slowly starting to shift towards tandems so I think the days of big ticket goalies are slowly going away

Back