• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

this is the most recent picture of him from social media, taken in September

EE4G3cQWwAAj-sS

Doesn't look like fat buff

He's made like 60M so far in his career, and even voiding this he can probably still find a deal somewhere in the 5-8M range for the next year+ I would guess, so giving up 6M or so to choose where to play and avoid being in Winnipeg isn't the craziest decision out there.

There is no price that can be put on getting out of Winnipeg.

this is the most recent picture of him from social media, taken in September

Doesn't look like fat buff

I mean, he looks like he's got a bit of double-chin action going on. And that man is more than capable of having piled on a ton of weight in the five months since that picture was taken.

That said, I still would absolutely sign him this year if there's even a remote chance he could be healthy by the playoffs.

Think big picture. Get his ass into game shape into the next coming months even if that means some Marlies time and get him ready for a run

I do think we offer him a pretty great situation in terms of surrounding him with great talent to try to rehab his image and get a huge contract next year.

I do think we offer him a pretty great situation in terms of surrounding him with great talent to try to rehab his image and get a huge contract next year.

We definitely do. High-end skilled team with a collection of good, mobile left-handed defensemen to pair him with.

But the pessimist in me says he'll sign with Boston or Tampa.

I mean, he looks like he's got a bit of double-chin action going on. And that man is more than capable of having piled on a ton of weight in the five months since that picture was taken.

That said, I still would absolutely sign him this year if there's even a remote chance he could be healthy by the playoffs.

He had a double chin when he was in game shape.

He could have piled on weight, but the days of "shows up to camp 50 pounds over" seem to be well in the past with him. Modern day Buff appears to look a lot more like the 260 pound version in the right side of that picture than the 330 pound version on the left.

He's from Minnesota - winter/snow/cold is not his enemy.

Being born in it doesn't mean that you like it. There's a reason that it requires explosives to get NHL'ers from northern climates to leave Florida, Cali, etc.

Back