• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

hmm I think Bean is a pretty damn good prospect. montreal would be foolish to pass up that offer.

not sure what we could do to match it. that's much more than we gave up for Muzzin, and I don't think i'd want to give up more than we gave up for Muzzin.
Keep in mind, there's no evidence that the Canes even offered that. It's Lebrun's opinion. Lebrun has terrible opinions and has no idea what's going on the majority of the time.

But I like using Kapanen and Dermott as trade chips at this stage even ahead of draft picks. Dubas draft picks should be treated as gold.

if mikheyev is coming back, trading kappy doesn't hurt us much.

it's a bit of a hit if Mikheyeve isn't coming back though.

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Mikheyev - Tavares - Nylander
Engvall - Kerfoot - Malgin
Clifford - Spezza - Robertson
(Timashov - Gauthier)

Rielly - Severson
Muzzin - Holl
Sandin - Barrie
(Marincin - Lilly)
And then next year:

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Mikheyev - Tavares - Nylander
Johnsson - Kerfoot - Engval
Robertson - Spezza - Malgin
(Timashov - Gauthier)

Rielly - Severson
Muzzin - Holl
Sandin - Liljegren
Marincin

That's kind of realgud.

Other option is to shop Barrie, see if you can get a 1st. If you can then flip the 1st instead of Kap or even instead of Dermott, that's probably the way to go. I think a 2nd for Barrie is more likely though. Toronto media reputation kills trade value for their d.

Man NJ would be dumb to get rid of Severson though. 25 year old with 3 more years on his contract at a beautiful rate. They'll far more likely be eager to dump PK and Vatanen. Leafs will have to blow their socks off because they will be short on d if they do that (after already trading Greene).

Expansion:

7F:

1.Matthews
2.Marner
3.Nylander
4.Tavares
5.Kerfoot
6.Kapanen
7.Johnsson
8.Engvall
X.Hyman - could let him go UFA and then re-sign him post-draft

3D:

1.Rielly
2.Muzzin
3.Holl
4.Dermott/traded for Dman

even trading one of Kerfoot/Kappy/Johnsson, while it helps, still leaves us needint to probably make some kind of trade with Seattle to avoid losing one of those dmen.

Other option is to shop Barrie, see if you can get a 1st. If you can then flip the 1st instead of Kap or even instead of Dermott, that's probably the way to go. I think a 2nd for Barrie is more likely though. Toronto media reputation kills trade value for their d.

I mentioned that last night. Except honestly, keep the 1st, get some expiring UFA dman who is under the radar a la Dubie, then go into the offseason with the target locked on Pietro and if he doesn’t work then do a Johnsson plus plus trade for a dman.

Expansion:

7F:

1.Matthews
2.Marner
3.Nylander
4.Tavares
5.Kerfoot
6.Kapanen
7.Johnsson
8.Engvall
X.Hyman - could let him go UFA and then re-sign him post-draft

3D:

1.Rielly
2.Muzzin
3.Holl
4.Dermott/traded for Dman

even trading one of Kerfoot/Kappy/Johnsson, while it helps, still leaves us needint to probably make some kind of trade with Seattle to avoid losing one of those dmen.

You forgot Mikheyev.

But yeah, when we are out in a position where we have to lose one, then I think you go out and see how much Johnsson plus Dermott plus Bracco etc) can land you. I don’t want to make that deal now though unless for a steal of a stud, and not by parting with Kappy.

You forgot Mikheyev.

But yeah, when we are out in a position where we have to lose one, then I think you go out and see how much Johnsson plus Dermott plus Bracco etc) can land you. I don’t want to make that deal now though unless for a steal of a stud, and not by parting with Kappy.

Mikky's exempt.

Back