• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Just for fun. Frenemy:

"Sure, lets go back 10 years. Juulsen who was great but had some very serious injuries, Sergachev, ROmanov who turned into Dach, Caufienld, Struble, Guhle, Maillouux, Roy, Slaff, Beck, Hudson, Mesar, Engstrom, Reinbacher, Jackeye. Who have the leafs drafted. Nylander, Marner, Matthews, Woll, Lilly, Sandin, Robertson, Knies. Everyone else busted and Lilly and SAndin are busts. Robertson Bust."

I love how he lists the guys we drafted as support for his claim that we either draft shitty or haven't drafted enough great guys. Like, his list is better than the Leafs he names.

Lilly, if he was a Habs draft pick, would be 5th best drafted players the Habs have had in the last 15 years.

Just for fun. Frenemy:

"Sure, lets go back 10 years. Juulsen who was great but had some very serious injuries, Sergachev, ROmanov who turned into Dach, Caufienld, Struble, Guhle, Maillouux, Roy, Slaff, Beck, Hudson, Mesar, Engstrom, Reinbacher, Jackeye. Who have the leafs drafted. Nylander, Marner, Matthews, Woll, Lilly, Sandin, Robertson, Knies. Everyone else busted and Lilly and SAndin are busts. Robertson Bust."

I love how he lists the guys we drafted as support for his claim that we either draft shitty or haven't drafted enough great guys. Like, his list is better than the Leafs he names.
We shall call him HabOfFaith.

bringo-dumpster.gif

Pretty sure my reputation here has been cemented as being someone who picks favorites. If anything, I do the opposite of what you guys are suggesting, by really only focusing on one or two prospects that I'm high on, rather than pumping the full prospect group like Frenemy does with the Habs. I also hate on players I dislike all the time. So then.

And pretty much all of my criticisms of the Habs have been dead on. Sorry if that hurts.

Pretty sure my reputation here has been cemented as being someone who picks favorites. If anything, I do the opposite of what you guys are suggesting, by really only focusing on one or two prospects that I'm high on, rather than pumping the full prospect group like Frenemy does with the Habs. I also hate on players I dislike all the time. So then.

And pretty much all of my criticisms of the Habs have been dead on. Sorry if that hurts.
The above part of this post is very accurate. LOF irrationally loves and hates to a wild level.

No idea how he feels about specific Habs prospects.

Frenemy was busy messaging me today about how bad we are (our D especially) and did his annual listing of his Habs prospects and how they're the best ever, and was not dissuaded in the least bit by my reminding him of how all the other previous worldbeater prospects of his all busted. This time is different apparently.
Habs have 6 regulation wins for last in the NHL tell frenemy he's a dolt.

I get the feeling Dubie isn't going to last too long in Pittsburgh.

This Crosby/Malkin core isn't going to retire anytime soon, and he won't be able to trade them off or even really build around them with all those contracts. All he can do is play around with the depth pieces, which we know from experience is not his forte.

Will he be there for the eventual post-Crosby rebuild? I highly doubt it. The years of inevitable failure preceding that will probably do him in first.

The Graves contract might be the worst thing the dubas family.did. That's a bit whiff if he was truly wrong about that one. Big big whiff.

Back