• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Yes but it was really bizarre. Not one mention of the Leafs? I can understand one of them saying why they don't think the Leafs but not even a mention.

Then they go on to say it's because of Hellebuyck and the goaltending is why and then pivoted to saying Edmonton is right there too... Goaltending. I was chuckling at the disconnect and people listen to these "pundits"?
I think we're at the point where they are afraid to compliment the Leafs due to the outrage that will occur. Their mandate is to appease the other 6 franchises.

Well, with such a successful rebuild, do you really need more young talent to compete in the future?
Cutting all the BS? Being a hockey fan of a Canadian based team is an exercise in futility so whatever happens will happen. The league isn't on the level so why should I get upset anymore? I don't.

And the one time they nailed the pick, they traded him away for an underachieving French Canadian midget

they should trade out of the top 10 of the draft whenever they get one, they just don't know what to do with it.

Reinbacher, Slafkovsky, Kotkaniemi, Sergachev, and Galchenyuk instead of Michkov, Wright/Cooley/Nemec, Brady Tkachuk/Quinn Hughes, McAvoy (Serg was a fine pick, but they still fucked that up), Rielly.

It's maybe the only thing we've done well over the last 15 years.

Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Rielly, Kadri, even Schenn (unless we're reaching down to Karlsson at the 15 spot, Schenn had maybe the best career of picks 5-14) all have either turned out to be the best player available at that point in the draft, or really fucking close.

they should trade out of the top 10 of the draft whenever they get one, they just don't know what to do with it.

Reinbacher, Slafkovsky, Kotkaniemi, Sergachev, and Galchenyuk instead of Michkov, Wright/Cooley/Nemec, Brady Tkachuk/Quinn Hughes, McAvoy (Serg was a fine pick, but they still fucked that up), Rielly.

It's maybe the only thing we've done well over the last 15 years.

Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Rielly, Kadri, even Schenn (unless we're reaching down to Karlsson at the 15 spot, Schenn had maybe the best career of picks 5-14) all have either turned out to be the best player available at that point in the draft, or really fucking close.

God, it’s still incredible we pulled Rielly out of that draft considering the pile of shit that was drafted before & after him.

Dude’s going to be a Leaf for 20 years and will be a top-pairing D for most of them.

And thank Jeebus that the Habs didn’t take him.

Frenemy was busy messaging me today about how bad we are (our D especially) and did his annual listing of his Habs prospects and how they're the best ever, and was not dissuaded in the least bit by my reminding him of how all the other previous worldbeater prospects of his all busted. This time is different apparently.

Just for fun. Frenemy:

"Sure, lets go back 10 years. Juulsen who was great but had some very serious injuries, Sergachev, ROmanov who turned into Dach, Caufienld, Struble, Guhle, Maillouux, Roy, Slaff, Beck, Hudson, Mesar, Engstrom, Reinbacher, Jackeye. Who have the leafs drafted. Nylander, Marner, Matthews, Woll, Lilly, Sandin, Robertson, Knies. Everyone else busted and Lilly and SAndin are busts. Robertson Bust."

I love how he lists the guys we drafted as support for his claim that we either draft shitty or haven't drafted enough great guys. Like, his list is better than the Leafs he names.

Back