• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

I’m sorta shocked to hear this. Last year at this time, a client gave me a Hoka gift certificate, so I ordered two pairs for street hockey and wore out the first pair and onto the second pair recently. I read all this stuff about what a great performance shoe they are blah blah blah. But they kinda suck. They don’t feel great and I think they perform worse. Back to Nike once I wear out this second pair.
If you didn't get the Clifton or Bondi then yeah... They aren't going to be amazingly comfortable. I got a pair of the Clifton 9 and they are amazing. I also got a pair of the Gore-Tex trail shoes and they are relatively comfortable.... Nothing like the Cliftons though.

If you didn't get the Clifton or Bondi then yeah... They aren't going to be amazingly comfortable. I got a pair of the Clifton 9 and they are amazing. I also got a pair of the Gore-Tex trail shoes and they are relatively comfortable.... Nothing like the Cliftons though.
I got mine strictly for running and performance at street hockey, but I don’t feel they’re very good at all for that. Maybe for light jogging. But not sprinting and stopping and turning on a dime. The first pair was especially terrible. I don’t even know the style names.

I have to say, in LA it’s common. And I don’t feel right telling people to take their shoes off at my place, as much as I don’t like it.

There’s no carpet in LA anymore, so I think that’s mainly the reason why people feel like they should have shoes on when walking on floors. But I come home and immediately take them off.
man as soon as I get in someone's house, shoes come off automatically. dunno that I'll ever shake that habit.

I got mine strictly for running and performance at street hockey, but I don’t feel they’re very good at all for that. Maybe for light jogging. But not sprinting and stopping and turning on a dime. The first pair was especially terrible. I don’t even know the style names.
Yeah... I'm strictly talking about a walking shoe for being on your feel all day. I can't speak for any other shoe.

I'm always bothered by TV and movies were the assholes don't take their shoes off when entering a house.
Growing up in Canada I always found that so unrealistic. Seriously though... In the States a lot of people don't take their shoes off in the house.

Outdoor shoes is a no go. But if you have designated indoor shoes then there is no concern. Your nasty ass socks are probably dirtier

Back