• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

As bizarre as this conversation is, it still makes more sense than still crying 5 years later because a couple of people didn't like William Nylander's contract years before his full breakout and after a contentious holdout.

…and to think, I innocently opened this thread to post the news that Michael Hutchinson is on waivers and joke that the Leafs were going to claim him…only to read whatever in the hell the last few pages was.

I feel…unclean.

Clean

michael-hutchinson-2023-7776.jpg

Unclean

michael-hutchinson-2023-7776.jpg

As bizarre as this conversation is, it still makes more sense than still crying 5 years later because a couple of people didn't like William Nylander's contract years before his full breakout and after a contentious holdout.
? Is this referring to my posts earlier?

? Is this referring to my posts earlier?

Probably. Axl has a weird thing he does where he tries to gaslight us over shit that happens all the time, like cap hell and trade nylander because of cap hell wasn't something that happened as recently as 8 months ago, not 5 fucking years ago as the gaslighting requires.

Kind of like repeatedly mocking teams for not signing young stars long-term (ie. Tkachuk), and also repeatedly mocking teams like Buffalo and Ottawa for signing young stars long-term.

Kind of like repeatedly mocking teams for not signing young stars long-term (ie. Tkachuk), and also repeatedly mocking teams like Buffalo and Ottawa for signing young stars long-term.

You know, you could've just quoted me and I would've explained I wasn't actually mocking those teams for signing their young stars long term? Instead of a snarky reply a few hours later comparing me to LoF?

Jack Burton loves Buffalo, that was his big call this year.

Last edited:
again, why clean?
Everyone is so quick to try to create something out of nothing.

I've used that term in connection with a particular characteristic I like in women. I'm not talking about hiring someone, or getting into human rights issues, or any other fucking nonsense that people try to stretch this into. This is simply a question of my particular taste with respect to dating and marriage - my "type". I'm allowed to have a particular type and not like other types without being labeled a fucking racist, or being "fucked in the head", and whatever other insults everyone is so giddy to lob over for no reason.

I like light eyes in particular, and light hair. There's a shiny, colorful aspect to those kinds of features that have appealed to me since I was a kid. And something shiny and colorful looks clean. Want to call it something else, call it fresh or refreshing, or bright. I enjoy looking at a girl with those features when she's even just talking.

And what I've tried to distinguish is that just having those colors isn't enough. She has to actually look like she's clean/fresh/bright, not just sporting the typical colors that tend to give rise to the impression. Most girls (just like most guys) aren't particularly hygienic, and don't really care all that much about putting themselves together. Right or wrong, I've got a sense of who is and who isn't. I could be wrong, but it wouldn't matter because they don't have the look right for some reason or another.

So, I've got my tastes so narrowed down and so studied after all these years, that the slight difference that I pick up on subjectively is actually a huge difference for me in determining whether I'm into someone or not. That's really all. So if people want to hilariously connect having a very specific type to racism or actually drop references to Hitler of all people, then have at it. It's pure absurdity that perpetuates the circle jerk that you all like to engage in every so often. Jerk away.

Everyone is so quick to try to create something out of nothing.

I've used that term in connection with a particular characteristic I like in women. I'm not talking about hiring someone, or getting into human rights issues, or any other fucking nonsense that people try to stretch this into. This is simply a question of my particular taste with respect to dating and marriage - my "type". I'm allowed to have a particular type and not like other types without being labeled a fucking racist, or being "fucked in the head", and whatever other insults everyone is so giddy to lob over for no reason.

I like light eyes in particular, and light hair. There's a shiny, colorful aspect to those kinds of features that have appealed to me since I was a kid. And something shiny and colorful looks clean. Want to call it something else, call it fresh or refreshing, or bright. I enjoy looking at a girl with those features when she's even just talking.

And what I've tried to distinguish is that just having those colors isn't enough. She has to actually look like she's clean/fresh/bright, not just sporting the typical colors that tend to give rise to the impression. Most girls (just like most guys) aren't particularly hygienic, and don't really care all that much about putting themselves together. Right or wrong, I've got a sense of who is and who isn't. I could be wrong, but it wouldn't matter because they don't have the look right for some reason or another.

So, I've got my tastes so narrowed down and so studied after all these years, that the slight difference that I pick up on subjectively is actually a huge difference for me in determining whether I'm into someone or not. That's really all. So if people want to hilariously connect having a very specific type to racism or actually drop references to Hitler of all people, then have at it. It's pure absurdity that perpetuates the circle jerk that you all like to engage in every so often. Jerk away.
Okay, so we have referring to women's looks as clean and unclean, and thinking there is nothing wrong with secretly filming a woman having a conversation ( to be fair i have no idea if the cleanliness of the woman makes it more or less okay)

Regardless you have a pattern of unsettling ways

I mean whatever floats your boat, no judgment but don’t pretend like you’re the normal one.
Who's arguing normal versus abnormal? What is the relevance of that comment.

The TLDR here is I have a type and I know it down to the decimal point. If people want to criticize that, have at it.

Okay, so we have referring to women's looks as clean and unclean, and thinking there is nothing wrong with secretly filming a woman having a conversation ( to be fair i have no idea if the cleanliness of the woman makes it more or less okay)

Regardless you have a pattern of unsettling ways
You're a moron. You don't need to provide further proof of it every chance you get, as soon as you feel a little protected with some strength in numbers. You're the last cockroach out of the wall here, but feel free to go back inside since you're not adding anything interesting or comedic to the discussion.

It's almost like all "stars" aren't created equally or something and in many cases the young players referred to as stars (Cozens, Powers, etc) aren't actually stars.

I've applauded the Dahlin and Stutzle signings (actual stars).

Back