• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Ok not like you to move the target but w/e.

We were discussing rentals. Somehow that became something else. As a rental, and likely asking price, Monahan will be as, if not more, attractive.

Colorado he slots in at 2C.

I'm not moving the target at all. Whatever you want them to be, short term or long term Lindholm is way, way better.

and no, Ross Colton > Monahan.

1.75 P/60 with 55.1% xG vs 1.65 P/60 & 44.8% xG

Nobody cares about Monahan's shitty power play production adding to the counting stat line.

Every year one of your shitty players played way up the lineup from where they would be on a good team is worth a 1st allegedly.

My concern about Monahan for us would be those defensive numbers in the graphs Habsy posted. I do want someone actually good that Sheldon trusts defensively instead of him dumbly thinking he can lean on Kampf

Lindholm has the better track record, better ES production, better defensive numbers, is only shooting 6.5% to Monahan's 11.5. I think he's the more attractive pick up, but yeah, cost is a big factor.

Firstly, I'm expecting a second and a prospect.

Secondly, if it is a first it's Colorado and it'll be a very late first.

Thirdly, already got a first for him so everything is gravy.

Calgary is going to ask a lot trying to bank on past performance not present. Furthermore, there's zero guarantee he'll resign.

You will see more teams after Monahan than Lindholm, why? Because the production is very comparable and you'll pay 50 cents on the dollar.

My concern about Monahan for us would be those defensive numbers in the graphs Habsy posted. I do want someone actually good that Sheldon trusts defensively instead of him dumbly thinking he can lean on Kampf

Lindholm has the better track record, better ES production, better defensive numbers, is only shooting 6.5% to Monahan's 11.5. I think he's the more attractive pick up, but yeah, cost is a big factor.
Monahan isn't a fit for the Leafs. I agree with that point. Not enough jam for what you'll need.

Firstly, I'm expecting a second and a prospect.

Secondly, if it is a first it's Colorado and it'll be a very late first.

Thirdly, already got a first for him so everything is gravy.

Calgary is going to ask a lot trying to bank on past performance not present. Furthermore, there's zero guarantee he'll resign.

You will see more teams after Monahan than Lindholm, why? Because the production is very comparable and you'll pay 50 cents on the dollar.

Monahan is a 3C who is shit defensively. His production comes from 1st unit PP time. Even with his reduced production this season Lindholm will have the hottest market at centre, easily.

It's like the difference between ROR and Domi last year.

Monahan is a 3C who is shit defensively. His production comes from 1st unit PP time. Even with his reduced production this season Lindholm will have the hottest market at centre, easily.

It's like the difference between ROR and Domi last year.
He doesn't make much sense for us, IMO

Back