• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Why line someone else's pockets though, by agreeing to split your territory. It has to make sense financially for the existing owners. Make it a billion dollar expansion and split the fee between the league and MLSE?

To be serious for a moment, but only a moment....

The lost franchise value of TML would be more than the 500 millie in split territory fee. The ongoing all channels lost revenue would be in the billions by the end of the first 10 years.

North America is running out of places for the NHL to expand. SLC, Houston, Portland, Austin, Cleveland, Sacramento and that's about it before you're back to fail cities that have already failed like Phoenix and Atlanta.

It feels like they have endless cap space. Every five minutes signing another guy to a huge deal.

That's a great contract though. Damn.

It feels like they have endless cap space. Every five minutes signing another guy to a huge deal.

That's a great contract though. Damn.
They have Martinez and Marchessault coming off the books, which more than makes enough room for Hanifin - but still doesn't account for the $9.5 of Stone's cap when he comes off LTIR in the offseason.

Vegas is interesting, they've been pretty active with trading for players in their prime, but also pretty ruthless with some of their roster if/when they find better players.

The way the 404 corridor is growing, and with Barrie on one end and Newmarket on the the other, I would love to see an arena up here somewhere.

At least there is still some room to get around lol... a second team and arena in the gta would be havoc.

they really need Stone to come back though because they don't look anything like a contender right now.

To be serious for a moment, but only a moment....

The lost franchise value of TML would be more than the 500 millie in split territory fee. The ongoing all channels lost revenue would be in the billions by the end of the first 10 years.

North America is running out of places for the NHL to expand. SLC, Houston, Portland, Austin, Cleveland, Sacramento and that's about it before you're back to fail cities that have already failed like Phoenix and Atlanta.

The NHL expansion plan is a rudimentary fling as much undercooked spaghetti at the wall bs

Seriously, how does the #4 (by a mile) popular pro sport on the continent get off on trying to have more teams than the NFL or NBA?

MLS will prob surpass the NHL in revenue by the time the World Cup takes over the continent in a few years.

MLS is currently almost there in terms of sponsorship dough (680M vs $750M)

For sure, it’s soccer.

But I just mean when you have a full league and still no teams in some of the largest markets in North America like Atlanta, Houston, Seattle, Vegas etc why wouldn’t you expand?

If the MLB wants to expand they have to go to Montreal.

they really need Stone to come back though because they don't look anything like a contender right now.
10NoncYYzZDwCk.webp

For sure, it’s soccer.

But I just mean when you have a full league and still no teams in some of the largest markets in North America like Atlanta, Houston, Seattle, Vegas etc why wouldn’t you expand?

If the MLB wants to expand they have to go to Montreal.

I get Houston (for its sheer size) but I don’t get Atlanta… or even second tier cities like Columbus

Back