• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

If we're afraid of Treliving not upgrading on Tavares with a free $11m then what are we even doing here. It's not even worth following this team anymore.

I'm much more concerned about the upcoming shit Marner trade. Or the fact that he'll try to trade Marner and keep Tavares. Both will be unmitigated disasters. But upgrading on Tavares shouldn't be too difficult. Sign one of the solid ufa d for cheaper and you're already way ahead. Could even sign 2.

If we're afraid of Treliving not upgrading on Tavares with a free $11m then what are we even doing here. It's not even worth following this team anymore.

I'm much more concerned about the upcoming shit Marner trade. Or the fact that he'll try to trade Marner and keep Tavares. Both will be unmitigated disasters. But upgrading on Tavares shouldn't be too difficult. Sign one of the solid ufa d for cheaper and you're already way ahead. Could even sign 2.
As i said, i dont think its possible to enter free agency and get worse value for 11M

Your Marner fears are well warranted.

I didn't read beyond this. He's a Tavares fanboy. That's it. That's his contention. Stop trying to solve the mystery. It's not that complicated
You guys live in fantasyland, where all your dreams come true exactly as you dream them, just as long as you have that extra $11M to spend.

If you're running a company and you have a guy who is performing at a high level but makes too much money, first you might want to find another person who is going to provide better performance for the same or less pay, and who is willing to take the job, before firing the first guy.

And if you want to just fire the first guy and hope you'll secure a replacement with at least equal performance for less pay, then you better hope your guy that does the hiring and firing isn't a pizza loving shoe lover who may not know his head from his ass.

You guys live in fantasyland, where all your dreams come true exactly as you dream them, just as long as you have that extra $11M to spend.

If you're running a company and you have a guy who is performing at a high level but makes too much money, first you might want to find another person who is going to provide better performance for the same or less pay, and who is willing to take the job, before firing the first guy.

And if you want to just fire the first guy and hope you'll secure a replacement with at least equal performance for less pay, then you better hope your guy that does the hiring and firing isn't a pizza loving shoe lover who may not know his head from his ass.
I was unaware Tavares was into the weed

So you have zero faith in him doing well on one trade, but supreme confidence in him knocking it out of the park on another trade.

So you have zero faith in him doing well on one trade, but supreme confidence in him knocking it out of the park on another trade.
Trading Tavares for anything is good, yes. Trading a franchise player for a poor return can fuck up this window for good. Or trading the franchise player to "free up cap space" instead of Tavares is absolutely ridiculous too.

Trading Tavares for anything is good, yes. Trading a franchise player for a poor return can fuck up this window for good. Or trading the franchise player to "free up cap space" instead of Tavares is absolutely ridiculous too.
Trading Tavares for two Klingbergs and a Kampf would not be good, no.

The notion that you're automatically going to get better than a probable 80 point guy is actually pretty funny. Because other teams are lining up to give guys like that away for nothing like we apparently are.

The Tavares trade is a dump, not a trade, as long as what you get in return isnt another bad salary its a win. If he can squeeze out a useful Bjugstad sort, all the better

The notion that you're automatically going to get better than a probable 80 point guy is actually pretty funny. Because other teams are lining up to give guys like that away for nothing like we apparently are.
father time doesnt work that way.

Alright, we've gone in at least a thousand circles by now.

We'll need to see whether these guys are actually going to be pressed on to waive, whether they will, and what will happen if they do. Nothing else left to be said.

Alright, we've gone in at least a thousand circles by now.

We'll need to see whether these guys are actually going to be pressed on to waive, whether they will, and what will happen if they do. Nothing else left to be said.
FWIW

I think the Marner trade happens and the front office is satisfied with this being enough "culture" change and they don't even approach Tavares.

Which is the opposite of what should happen, but i think your boy is safe.

FWIW

I think the Marner trade happens and the front office is satisfied with this being enough "culture" change and they don't even approach Tavares.

Which is the opposite of what should happen, but i think your boy is safe.
I say they both refuse to waive. If Marner refuses, it makes it that much more likely that Tavares refuses.

If they even have a trade for them, which of course would be the first thing you'd figure out before asking them to waive.

Which is the whole point I've been making. There's an order to making changes. You don't just go get them to waive and then try to find a trade. You don't go trading them unless you have something better to replace them with. Real life is a bit different than fantasy team building on capfriendly.

I don't want to pile on here, because your Tavares defense has been beyond overdrive lately, but you aren't calling him a probable 80 point player for next season, are you?

I say they both refuse to waive. If Marner refuses, it makes it that much more likely that Tavares refuses.

If they even have a trade for them, which of course would be the first thing you'd figure out before asking them to waive.

Which is the whole point I've been making. There's an order to making changes. You don't just go get them to waive and then try to find a trade. You don't go trading them unless you have something better to replace them with. Real life is a bit different than fantasy team building on capfriendly.
Marner reeks of a guy who's done with the media and the criticism, only you live in this all toronto boys want to play in toronto forever place. You are still miffed Pietrangelo didnt sign here.

If Marner can work out an extension with a new team that pays him premium top F money, he'll waive.

He moves like he's in an advert for BenGay

Odds are better that he gets even worse, then back to 80 point guy

And of course you fucking do.
Last 17 games of the regular season, want to go check how many points he had or should I just tell you?

Don't get up. I'll do it for you. 19 points.

Back