• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Still can't figure out who they could be bringing in for goaltending. All the UFAs stink, hopefully we see a trade?

Still can't figure out who they could be bringing in for goaltending. All the UFAs stink, hopefully we see a trade?

For UFA's, Talbot maybe. He can probably give us 35-40 games of average plus work. Stolarz maybe kinda sorta if there's just no other fucking options (he's good, but never played more than 30 games in a calendar year). Either would be pretty fucking risky.

Trade is going to end up being the way I think. Ullmark or Saros are the two big targets, Sorokin if the Islanders have lost their fucking minds. Markstrom the back up plan to that but there would have to be retention....can't be paying that dude 6 million for 2 years.

For UFA's, Talbot maybe. He can probably give us 35-40 games of average plus work. Stolarz maybe kinda sorta if there's just no other fucking options (he's good, but never played more than 30 games in a calendar year). Either would be pretty fucking risky.

Trade is going to end up being the way I think. Ullmark or Saros are the two big targets, Sorokin if the Islanders have lost their fucking minds. Markstrom the back up plan to that but there would have to be retention....can't be paying that dude 6 million for 2 years.
How much retention would you want? maybe Flames just agree to take Kampf or Jarn?

How much retention would you want? maybe Flames just agree to take Kampf or Jarn?

I don't think Jarnkrok is bad salary and probably has some value. Just not the type of player we should be looking for, but any team looking for a middle 6ish guy who is plug and play on any line for dirt cheap, there's value in him.

But yeah, if they'd take Kampf and there was no other way to dump him, sure (assuming that all other goaltending options were explored and nothing came of, including Talbot and Stolarz)

I don't think Jarnkrok is bad salary and probably has some value. Just not the type of player we should be looking for, but any team looking for a middle 6ish guy who is plug and play on any line for dirt cheap, there's value in him.

But yeah, if they'd take Kampf and there was no other way to dump him, sure (assuming that all other goaltending options were explored and nothing came of, including Talbot and Stolarz)
Stolarz/Woll feels like such a roulette wheel of risk where i can see literally any grade of success or failure.

Imagine if Keefe goes in there now and pushes the Devils to chase UFAs Babushkie and Eddy hard to steal them from us.

Maybe they'll even give us some draft picks for negotiation rights.

Yeah, it’s weird how the Devils PR machine is suddenly making Keefe look great!

It’s not the Devils PR machine. For years we were told that the Leafs way of doing things was wrong and will never work, and were laughed at then the second the architects get fired they are the hottest commodities in the league.

Back