• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

i think it's definitely less likely that the Devils are hyping the guy they just hired, and more likely that the Illuminati are pulling the strings on a vast left, center and right wing conspiracy to discredit members of the Maple Leafs organization until they are fired, and then begin to hype them.

it's right in the name, sheeple. They are literally the Devil(s)

It’s not the Devils PR machine. For years we were told that the Leafs way of doing things was wrong and will never work, and were laughed at then the second the architects get fired they are the hottest commodities in the league.

most of the league recycles, dude....claiming they just found gold in the scrapyard

The Habs haven't won shit for 30 years but they were still a coach pipeline --- Vigneault, Therrien, Julien were all given their break by the Habs and went on to coach other teams.

yep. the leafs' laughably incompetent front office, the objects of nothing but scorn for years on end, instantly snapped up by good franchises giving them big money.

haha the loudest scorn from those guys came from foumice and your posse of of online experts

the mainstream was pretty kind to them

If you listen to the opposing team’s broadcasts they always have lots of good things to say about Leafs players and management because they’re always a good team. Unfortunately the local media wants to build a team that could compete in the 1970s.

most of the league recycles, dude....claiming they just found gold in the scrapyard

The Habs haven't won shit for 30 years but they were still a coach pipeline --- Vigneault, Therrien, Julien were all given their break by the Habs and went on to coach other teams.

And how many of them didn’t even have to wait a full week for the next job?

And how many of them didn’t even have to wait a full week for the next job?

I’m not surprised Keefe didn’t have to wait — the rest of the league doesn’t live on forumice tabulating how many times you post “there goes dumb Keefe putting out his 4th line at a crucial moment”

Found this in the process. Never forget:

EF: I heard there were four or five claims for [Sateri].
JM: How many were just to mess with the Maple Leafs? Cause I don’t know about you, but that afternoon, every time I’d check in with a team and brought that up, the answer was “Well we’re not gonna do it but we hope somebody else does.”

I agree that Keefe is a pretty good coach tho. They're just very replaceable and should be cycled out way more often than they are. He'll do well in NJ. He started off great in Toronto but a long series of failures caused him to galaxy brain shit by the end rather than sticking to the original process. He needed a change of scenery just as much as the Leafs needed a new voice.

I agree that Keefe is a pretty good coach tho. They're just very replaceable and should be cycled out way more often than they are. He'll do well in NJ. He started off great in Toronto but a long series of failures caused him to galaxy brain shit by the end rather than sticking to the original process. He needed a change of scenery just as much as the Leafs needed a new voice.

Yep. But he was stubbornly trying to win "his way" but the roster was built differently. They tried to course correct the past two years but it was half measured

And if there's one thing I learned from tv, is half measures don't work

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/M8FDt6uWrWQ?feature=shared

HPDzPpn.gif

Keefe is a good coach. No one is surprise he got another job.

But it is funny that two weeks ago the Leafs don’t know how to play playoff hockey, and today the guy who taught them to play hockey is one of the best coaches in the league. You can’t tell me that’s not funny.

I used to be on axl's side but too much evidence has piled up between the league actively sabotaging Dubas out of spite, the media making fun of nerdies every chance they get and blaming them for the teams failures (and then praising nerdies as soon as they fire Dubas), and former refs actively mocking and bashing the Leafs. I mean there's only so much one can ignore.

Ultimately the media stuff bothers me way less than the ref and Dubas sabotage stuff though. The media stuff is just funny when they get hypocritical like this.

Back