• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

giphy.gif

View: https://x.com/Sportsnet/status/1806424933804957718

Attachments

• 1719525362490.png
    1719525362490.png
    62.6 KB · Views: 4
At this juncture Lilly isn’t even close to a Tanev or Roy. Also sign those guys and keep Lilly
Tanev might watch most of the games over his next contract from a hospital bed. Roy is nice and all, but I don't get the obsession.

Lilly may well be more valuable than both of them by this time next year under a new coach and deployed properly.

Tanev might watch most of the games over his next contract from a hospital bed. Roy is nice and all, but I don't get the obsession.

Lilly may well be more valuable than both of them by this time next year under a new coach and deployed properly.
Probably not

Keefe is a dogshit coach but Lilly is very much in part to blame for his own shortcomings

Also Tanev will be a beast for at least 2 of the years he signs for and you can’t predict injuries especially when doing it for the purposes of selling your own narrative to yourself

Can Tanev really even expect or demand bigger numbers?

The market value projection for him from AFP (which has been pretty fucking good so far, they had Myers at 2 x 3.2), is 3 x 4.48

and the market is almost definitely there for someone to give him that type of deal. Where it makes sense for us is getting goofy on the years to get the AAV down into the mid 3's.

3 x $4.5 = $13.5m + (4 x $1) = $17.5m over 7yrs
5 x $3.167 = $15.5m + (2 x $1) = $17.5m over 7yrs
7 x $2.5 = $17.5m + (0 x $1) = $17.5m over 7yrs

and of course you can frontload the longer deals so that he gets just as much money as soon as on a short deal.

No concern about an unplayable Tanev at say age 37 who still insists on playing?

I don't like the idea of a new strategy for super long term deals to old guys who may not even live up to the contract in the first year.

Back