• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

You will always hit fewer targets when you shoot fewer bullets.
Yes but you stand closer to the target in the first round. I can shoot dead center at 50 feet. Move me to 100 and it drops to 50%.

The only way it is bad is if they fuck up that pick.

Because you know how to build a winner? Higher picks were getting snatched up. Still have no issue with it. They don't think there's quality later on per Hughes interview
There was what one or two trades? Out of 25 picks ahead of you?

Yes but you stand closer to the target in the first round. I can shoot dead center at 50 feet. Move me to 100 and it drops to 50%.

The only way it is bad is if they fuck up that pick.

Except I've already given you the percentages at different distances and my odds of hitting a target with 3 shots at 26, 57 and 198 feet are better than your odds of hitting the target at 21 feet.

Based on the best info available now that is the clear conclusion
In a weak draft. Sorry mate. Agree to disagree. Sometimes you have to go with your gut. I'm trusting Kent's. Remember, he's the one that stockpiled the picks in the first place. We have no idea of his entire plan.

Except I've already given you the percentages at different distances and my odds of hitting a target with 3 shots at 26, 57 and 198 feet are better than your odds of hitting the target at 21 feet.
You still miss the part where they're going for quality. Not a barrel full of fish

I'm expecting both Lindstrom and Demidov to be there at 5. Moving up isn't a problem but sure, worry about a couple of percentage points when you're flush with assets.

You still miss the part where they're going for quality. Not a barrel full of fish

I've shown you the numbers based on actual historic drafting. The difference between 21 and 26 is minimal, and you've criminally under rated the 57 pick in your analysis. If you can't trust your scouts to find quality at 26 and 57, you can't trust them to find it 21 either.

I've shown you the numbers based on actual historic drafting. The difference between 21 and 26 is minimal, and you've criminally under rated the 57 pick in your analysis. If you can't trust your scouts to find quality at 26 and 57, you can't trust them to find it 21 either.
We'll see in a few years if anyone was really worth it there. I trust their analysis. They believe it's a weak draft and getting a plumber at 57 doesn't interest them.

Numbers aren't reality. They're projections.

This is a ridiculous argument. As you yourself said, trade value is virtually equal. Makes sense for both sides, and if you have a lot of picks, go ahead and take your guy.

That being said, some people think Letourneau has massive upside, but that is one helluva risk to take at 21.

Of course, most rumours are bullshit anyway.

Back