• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Sadly, i think Demidov is a Hab or a Flyer.

Feels like Davidson is making the safe pick with Levshunov, and probably the pick Richardson wants.

If he's a stud, that's fine, you punting a chance to give Bedard an actual running mate i think is a mistake.

Though you were first. Sure sounded like it. Too many people use statistics as fact. They're stats. That's the only fact of them. They don't depict other independent variables involved because they're not used in the regression.

And on the other end is feels. You're arguing pro feels right now.

Sadly, i think Demidov is a Hab or a Flyer.

Feels like Davidson is making the safe pick with Levshunov, and probably the pick Richardson wants.

If he's a stud, that's fine, you punting a chance to give Bedard an actual running mate i think is a mistake.
I told you this weeks ago

I told you this weeks ago
But you're a boomer old man who screams at clouds. I needed secondary confirmation.

I also cant believe the Ducks and Jackets are this dumb.

Philly is really trying to get up to 4 though to put Michkov and Demidov together i assume

And on the other end is feels. You're arguing pro feels right now.
Well I'm not. I have a degree in economics and business management. I fully understand stats. I also learned many times the independent variables can easily fuck them up in any given situation. Being human is an independent variable, who another team picks is another and so on and so on. You get it.

But you're a boomer old man who screams at clouds. I needed secondary confirmation.

I also cant believe the Ducks and Jackets are this dumb.

Philly is really trying to get up to 4 though to put Michkov and Demidov together i assume
Fuck you, I pummeled two trumpers. That buys me some youth.

Theres a 20% chance that we moved up to steal your guy. This brings me comfort.

and there's a solid probability that a better player was available that slides by your scouts.

That's why maximizing probability is important.

I don't know if I'd be blind betting on the side of the flesh trades that passed on Michkov for Reinbacher 12 months ago, but that's just me.

Yeah, that tracks. I'm not a fucking robot, I understand that there's a human element to this, some weirdo game theory stuff, etc. But the default position should be to play the numbers right up until the point the perceived potential value is just too good to pass up, like the scenario you describe

One could argue there are no veritable steals in the draft because a whole bunch of teams were involved in assigning that perceived value

There are definitely reaches tho because all you need is one team to fall in love with a player to distort the market

and there's a solid probability that a better player was available that slides by your scouts.

That's why maximizing probability is important.

I don't know if I'd be blind betting on the side of the flesh trades that passed on Michkov for Reinbacher 12 months ago, but that's just me.
I'm not sold on Michkov or Reinbacher yet

Back