• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

This is a long argument over a trade that we'll not know the end result of for many many years. ME is right about the statistical side of it, habs fans are right that there's obviously some sort of rationale or plan there (this is why teams make trades!). Until I see said plan, I veer towards the numbers.

and there's a solid probability that a better player was available that slides by your scouts.

That's why maximizing probability is important.

I don't know if I'd be blind betting on the side of the flesh trades that passed on Michkov for Reinbacher 12 months ago, but that's just me.
The fuck has Michkov proven? You dont win with talented bitches, look at the Leafs.

This is a long argument over a trade that we'll not know the end result of for many many years. ME is right about the statistical side of it, habs fans are right that there's obviously some sort of rationale or plan there (this is why teams make trades!). Until I see said plan, I veer towards the numbers.
If the Habs end up taking a big swing on Letourneau, who is legit 67 project with mega upside, then i understand charts being tossed out the window if they felt someone ahead of them wanted him.

If they end up taking some projectable bottom pair D ill be confused.

Also said plan involves correctly predicting the first 20 picks in the draft

It makes more sense to me if some team wants #21 for a plug and play asset. Habs GM has traded picks for players the last 2 drafts (Dach, Newhook)

It was a respectful conversation.

The fuck has Michkov proven?

That's he's a way, way better prospect than Reinbacher and maybe a franchise level talent? Better than Tarasenko and Panarin as an 18 yr old in the KHL. As good as an 18 yr in the KHL as Kaprizov was a 19 yr old. Maybe the best prospect Russia has generated in a decade.

You dont win with talented bitches

Your current coach might take umbrage with that point

look at the Leafs.

Listen bud, you're a fucking amatuer. There's nothing bad you can say about this clownshow with a weeks preparation that I don't do 2-3 times before lunch without even trying hard. You can't kill what's already dead.

And fwiw, i cant remember the last time the Habs had anything resembling a talented bitch, or super skilled anything at F.

How badly did Alexei Kovalev hurt you guys?

Rumors now that 21 is part of a package for McGroarty. If so I'm perfectly fine with the move.

giphy.gif

Back