• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Is 1 year of tavares going to net us anything close to what he brings? Still 30 goal pace and 65+ pts last season. Who replaces that and gives us cap flexibility next offseason?
It's a fantasyland pipedream of Tavares haters. He's going to play the year out with us, and he'll probably be even better than last year, which saw a fucked up 11 game pointless streak kill his crazy consistent PPG routine.

I don’t know whether or not this was the right decision for Tampa to make from a competitive standpoint, or if it’ll work out for them in the end.

But I do at least respect the balls of their management to make a decision that cutthroat out of a belief that it’ll give them the best continued chance of winning going forward. In spite of the fact Stamkos took a bargain contract and then captained them to multiple Cups.

It’s a stark contrast to our management, who live in terror of hurting the feelings of any of our core guys, in spite of the fact they’ve won jack shit while getting among the highest salaries in the league.

Reactions: CH1
Is 1 year of tavares going to net us anything close to what he brings? Still 30 goal pace and 65+ pts last season. Who replaces that and gives us cap flexibility next offseason?

When you realize he's a 20/45 guy at evens (playing always with elite wingers), and only ok on the PP, then yes.

How inferior?

JT Compher: 1.75 P/60, 1.40 P1/60 - 29 yrs old, 4 x 5.1 remaining, cup champion 3C
John Tavares: 1.90 P/60, 1.46 P1/60 - 34 yrs old, 1 x 11 remaining

as much as i don't want to see tavares back do we really want to move his expiring deal for 4 more years of compher at 5 plus entering his thirties?

Back