• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

And I do think Reinbacher becomes a top pairing guy. Read scouting reports that put him top 3 in this year's D heavy draft. Several had him 2.

He's not flashy at all but many of the good ones weren't either. I need to see what we have in him also.

The bias was character
Even if this is true, passing on a generational talent in favor of a middle pair D because of character is very dumb.

Why are you being such a crusty fudget about this? Be happy Montreal farted into Demidov and learned from a year ago

And I do think Reinbacher becomes a top pairing guy. Read scouting reports that put him top 3 in this year's D heavy draft. Several had him 2.

He's not flashy at all but many of the good ones weren't either. I need to see what we have in him also.
He's a middle pair D that will never wow you with numbers but do a very good job.

Hjalmarsson or something

Even if this is true, passing on a generational talent in favor of a middle pair D because of character is very dumb.

Why are you being such a crusty fudget about this? Be happy Montreal farted into Demidov and learned from a year ago
Dude. First rebuild your glass house that gets destroyed here daily, then come back to me with something smarter.

what is the source that makes you so certain this was the reason?

Could only find this re: Hughes

“With Russian players, there’s the geopolitical aspect and his contract status. And so we have to do our homework on these matters,” Hughes explained. “We have to evaluate him first and foremost as a hockey player and compare him to the other players available.”

Hughes also revealed that watching Michkov in person would help him better evaluate his potential. “Ideally we’d like to see him in person but I think the videos have given us a certain idea,” he said. “We have enough people to evaluate his game and his character.”

Seems like the Russia thing + scouts not having seen him were the bigger driving forces though.

Dude this is the worst I've read.

Two comparable players but yeah, teams will go for the shorter one.

No wonder you can't win, even basic logic is fucked with for agenda.
you're literally focusing on only a single metric, height. Michkov has been more productive than other buddy at like every level. I have no idea what you're even arguing? and they weren't available in the same draft. what are you on about?

and who peed in your corn flakes this weekend?

Back