• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

If McDavid wills it, they'll prevail. But as we saw, it's very tough to carry the team to the finish line, even with a historic points tally.

I have a feeling that Jeff Jackson isn’t done. He has done a good job so far this off-season. But I got a feeling he will flip Ceci plus for a more reliable dman.

Even people at street hockey were bitching about the Savoie trade, and they rarely just start talking about nhl trades randomly.

Again why can’t we do one of those ever?

Even people at street hockey were bitching about the Savoie trade, and they rarely just start talking about nhl trades randomly.

Again why can’t we do one of those ever?
Because Buffalo is smart enough to not do stupid things in division. They sure do make up for it though.

I wish the Habs would finish second to last in the NHL.

No idea how Chicago can be projected to have more points than them, though.

No idea how Chicago can be projected to have more points than them, though.

They added 2/3rds of a top 9 winger group, Martinez and Brodie are old but more competent than what they ran out there last year and Mrazek/Brossoit give them a decent enough chance at average goaltending for 82 games. Also, Hall missed most of the year and Bedard missed a lengthy stretch as well.

Don't have to squint too hard to see this as not terrible:

Bertuzzi-Bedard-Kurashev
Hall-Dickinson-Teravainen
Athanasiou-Reichel-Mikheyev

Vlasic-Brodie
Korchinski-Murphy
Martinez-Jones

Brossoit
Mrazek

A lot will depend on how the top prospects (Bedard, Reichel, Korchinski) do, but that's not a tank roster anymore at all.

Back