• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

He's a well respected power forward on a steal of a contract as per the narrative.

But all of that is true.

He is a well respected power forward, and his contract is good value for 25/45 + real gud in the heavies.

He's a good player and he's worth more than his AAV. Nobody worth listening to calls him a stud though.

With Tavares: 133 min: 37.9% xG
With Kampf: 128 min: 31.95% xG

All 3 guys who were full time centres last year had better to insanely much better xG without Knies on their line.

Our part time centres didn't do any better with him really

With Domi: 132 min: 34.19% xG
With Holmberg: 91 min: 41.66% xG

Yeah...maybe we should see who and what he is when not mitten strung to one of the top 3 centres in the known universe before we pay him.
Stand corrected on the Kampf part. I thought his numbers were trash with him early on and then improved away from him with both Tavares and Matthews.

Although re the bolded, it doesn’t look like Matthews’ xgf% was better away from him?

But all of that is true.

He is a well respected power forward, and his contract is good value for 25/45 + real gud in the heavies.

He's a good player and he's worth more than his AAV. Nobody worth listening to calls him a stud though.
Or he's beloved because he's on a sunbelt team and people feel smarter by claiming they watch the Coyotes?
I complained the same about OEL on Arizona for years.

Please stop underrating Sasha Barkov!

View: https://x.com/JeffVeillette/status/1752846107833442610

Or he's beloved

fucking stahp. This is so dumb. What the media thinks or says about him has absolutely zero to do with his worth/value/ability. This is dumb, be better Edna.

Crouse is a good 25/45 type middle 6 forward who plays with some anger and physicality, is good in the defensive heavy lifting, and is on a value contract for what he brings. That's it, that's all. He's a "Bertuzzi", if you will.

Please stop underrating Sasha Barkov!

You mean defending Stanley Cup champion #1C Sasha Barkov? I'm not sure that a chart from January is quite the dunk on Barkov you think it is....maybe he was undervalued?

fucking stahp. This is so dumb. What the media thinks or says about him has absolutely zero to do with his worth/value/ability. This is dumb, be better Edna.

You mean defending Stanley Cup champion #1C Sasha Barkov? I'm not sure that a chart from January is quite the dunk on Barkov you think it is....maybe he was undervalued?
It was simply what I've been saying on here for years that players in markets people don't watch get no criticism and people compliment them to look smarter.
Also, Barkov very clearly was not underrated before that cup. Even Friedman of all people said people need to stop that during the season.

It was simply what I've been saying on here for years that players in markets people don't watch get no criticism and people compliment them to look smarter.

I mean, you realize you didn't invent that position, right? A bunch of us were saying the same thing re: OEL. But just saying "sunbelt = over rated" is neither clever nor insightful. This is why the numbers and context are important.

I mean, you realize you didn't invent that position, right? A bunch of us were saying the same thing re: OEL. But just saying "sunbelt = over rated" is neither clever nor insightful. This is why the numbers and context are important.
I think there's some truth to it. Not sure why anyone would disagree.

god Kypreos is such a meathead

y'know who might actually "blow up"?? Easton Cowan, who has a ton more skill than Knies and a better chance of playing up the lineup on merit

that would be a godsend for the Leafs right now. too bad he's not a C.

Age 21
Knies - 80 gp, 15 gls, 35 pts
Crouse - 81 gp, 11 gls, 25 pts

Age 22
Crouse - 66 gp, 15 gls, 25 pts (82 gp, 19 gls, 31 pts)
Knies - ????

A simialr jump for Knies is probably reasonable 20+ gls, 40+ pts.

Unless he gets PP1 mins I wouldn't be too worried about the contract though.

Back