• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Oh he meant no disrespect. All good guys.

I guess the bit I notice is that he says he apologized to the team....but I'm going to assume that the black player you had still harbors some rough feelings about it. How good was your apology really bud?

Just how does that 'leak' out ... CYA exercise. Looks to me like Calgary wants to hang onto the pig.

In any event, the guy's beef wasn't really about the slur but being ghettoized for speaking out against it.

Or is dotting their i's and crossing their t's to cancel the contract as opposed to just firing him and paying him 2 millie a year for a while.
Yeah he gone.

This is purely légal. They could even wait for the nhl investigation and hooe they terminate the deal

That letter was not penned by Peters, it was penned by a Flames representative - or legal team. IMO.

Yep, the "not worried about the Bruins" stuff was mostly coming from Habsy, as I recall. Still though, as much as you objected to my blanket statement, you're doubling down on those same sentiments all the same right afterwards.

And it'd be one thing if that confidence was based on recent history. But when the Bruins and Habs haven't met in the playoffs since 2014, it seems kind of silly. There would be, what? Two current Habs and 5-6 current Bruins left from that series?

Again, there's zero doubt that Boston is the better team and has been for some time. I'm just saying that we have success against them. Also not guaranteeing victory if we met in the playoffs... but they wouldn't be at the top of my feared team list... due to that inexplicable success.

Since playing them in the 2014 playoffs...

19-20 ~ 1-1-0-0
18-19 ~ 2-2-0-0
17-18 ~ 0-2-0-2
16-17 ~ 2-1-0-1
15-16 ~ 3-2-0-0
14-15 ~ 4-0-0-0

Total
12-8-0-3

Nahh, **** that.

The Habs have already had an embarrassment of riches when it comes to the superstar players they've had on their team. They don't need another.

And while I do genuinely like most of the Hab fans that come over to the Leaf board to visit, that doesn't get in the way of me wanting to see Montreal's Cup drought extend well past 50 years, just like ours.

Though I don't want to see them consistently hopeless, since seeing the Leafs face/beat Montreal in a playoff series is on the bucket list.

Have they though? If we're not allowed to brag about Cups from 30+ years ago (I agree) then we certainly can't feel all warm and fuzzy about those player.

Who was the last Hab superstar skater? Guy Lafleur... drafted in 1971.

That whole conversation started by Leaf fans just saying that they were a really really good team.

It was a Habs fan that really went in on the "fear" bit but IMO, It's just a healthy amount of respect for a really good club. Pasternak and Marchand are awesome, they're well coached, they have good goaltending and really dangerous special teams.

I'm not sure I really care about regular season vs them, since all of those things probably give them a big edge in a 7 game series.

I am telling you guys, Don Cherry is actually the nicest of guys on this of this lineup of meatheads... He was well liked wherever he went.

He coached like Keefe. Probably not as smart. Not nearly But he really just tried to let guys just do.. and go...

Sure, his last comment was horrendous, but this guy was a Keefe, way before Keefe. Way before. He lets good players just go...

Go out there and just play,....

Call my guy for whatever you want, he let guys play.

That is what we are seeing with Keefe. Let the boys play, let the talent go....

Bruce Cassidy? Is he a genius? Maybe.. Maybe he is.;..

I cannot believe, this Marchand, this Pasternak, this Bergeron. Its NHL history, maybe possibly, the best line In NHL history.

Its just nuts..... I always liked the Bruins, great city, great town, love Bobby and Phil, these three? Its hall of fame over the top stuff..

It just is...

Pasternak? Marchand? Bergeron? Its really really hard to believe, but its happening and its here.

As a Leafs fan? I would say, appreciate your opponent.. And, boy do we have an opponent. Chara, is there, for the playoffs. SIck.

And in closing... Guy La Flower? Insane talent. Very very underestimated...

I don't know why Montreal didn't embrace him more. Guy was Kawhi.. Just Guy.....

I saw three Leafs chop him to death front row seats, he sorta shrugged them off and scored. . Off the dial guy. Guy.

That whole conversation started by Leaf fans just saying that they were a really really good team.

It was a Habs fan that really went in on the "fear" bit but IMO, It's just a healthy amount of respect for a really good club. Pasternak and Marchand are awesome, they're well coached, they have good goaltending and really dangerous special teams.

I'm not sure I really care about regular season vs them, since all of those things probably give them a big edge in a 7 game series.
Yeah, I'm only talking about my personal "fear" of the Bruins. They're a great team... but they're the one great team that I always feel the Habs have a decent chance against no matter how much better than the Habs they actually are. It's just one of those weird things that doesn't seem to make sense.

Back