• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

I'd also say that if we make it in with a top 5 PP under Keefe and a much improved PK I'll feel a hell of a lot better going into the playoffs because I feel like that Boston series last year was awfully close and we got absolutely crushed on special teams.

I'd also say that if we make it in with a top 5 PP under Keefe and a much improved PK I'll feel a hell of a lot better going into the playoffs because I feel like that Boston series last year was awfully close and we got absolutely crushed on special teams.
Yup. When a series is basically 50-50 at worst 5 on 5, it's up to special teams and goaltending in the end, often in game 7. Leafs got crushed in both. Better special teams and they may not even need 7 games.

Hawks suspend Marc Crawford until jan 2, who released a legit apology and took ownership of his actions, has also been in therapy since 2010 to become better person/coach

Would I hire him? Nah, probably not.

Still, was expecting a statement a little more along the lines of what we heard from Peters so... it's something, I guess.

hmm. maybe get a new therapist.

What he needs is an Analyst/Therapist

Lucky for him, I know a guy

mp,550x550,matte,ffffff,t.u1.jpg

I'd be curious to know how much influence even DJ Smith had when he was here. Because it certainly seems like the two new guys this year were used by Babcock as little more than hand-puppets that weren't allowed to have their own ideas or opinions.

So was that a new development borne out of spite for the GM and the fact that Dubas hired his new assistants for him? Or has Babcock always been a control freak that doesn't give any free reign to his assistants?

The fact that the DJ Smith-led Sens brought in Hainsey & Zaitsev seems to suggest it was a new development. As well as the fact that so many Babcock assistants over the years have gone on to become head coaches elsewhere.

Looks like Hawks are sending Seabrook to Robidas island

They’re being pretty clever about it. Miss the rest of this year with shoulder surgery, and then he’ll likely miss all of 2020 with surgeries on each of his hips.

After he’s recovered from all that, I expect he’ll be deemed not healthy enough to come back and play at an NHL level, and will go on LTIR forever.

Not a fan of the lacrosse-style goals, it just feels too much like a reckless use of the stick.

Serious question, if someone tried it and the goalie blocks it , getting hit with the stick - should it be a penalty?

Ah come on they're great.

I've always wondered whynew dont see more of them.

And not even just from behind the net but from in front too - scoop that puck and change the angle.

Initially I loved them but now I’m starting to get a little turned off by the circus act it kinda always was and is. I’m not sure how I feel about it though. It’s an amazing feat but makes me feel a bit dirty.

Back