• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

It will just take a defencemen who plays the body, to run these guys through the backboards and it will stop.

Question .... why dont they allow players to hit the goalies if they have the puck?
Goalies get to much leeway and should be open to hits if they handle the puck outside of the crease.

Jmho

I don't have a problem with the lacrosse-style goals. I mean, how can you say it's a reckless use of the stick when you need to keep your stick below the crossbar in order to score one of these goals?

I also don't see we're going to see the floodgates opening and ton of players trying to score them. The number of players who'd be able to pull it off would be quite low, and even for them it's a low-percentage play.

He's clearly had it on his mind. There have been a couple of times where he ramped up to try it, but then aborted last second.

They're awesome. It's an amazing display of talent and showing-off all at once. And for the guys that can do it it's an effective way to beat a goalie from behind the net when previously there wasn't one. More please.

Oil Change.

Seriously though are we not going to see McDavid or Leon in the post season AGAIN!?

This isn’t surprising in the least. The only surprise is that they got off to as hot a start as they did.

They’re a two-man team. No matter how good those two players are, that’s not good enough to win in the NHL.

Just noticed how bad the Sharks are as well, doesn’t Ottawa hold their first rounder? That should really help their rebuild

This isn’t surprising in the least. The only surprise is that they got off to as hot a start as they did.

7-1 start!

They’re a two-man team. No matter how good those two players are, that’s not good enough to win in the NHL.

Some questions have to be asked about how good McDavid really is imo.

oSrHtlp.jpg

7-1 start!

Some questions have to be asked about how good McDavid really is imo.
McDavid is an amazing skater and point producer... but he has nowhere near the overall game of Crosby.

I still think Crosby is the best player in the game despite not scoring at the same level he once did.

With the sharks looking like they will be out i wonder if aaron dell becomes a backup option? Or if jumbo joe would be a rental?

Ceci, hutch, stuff for thornton and dell

Oil Change.

Seriously though are we not going to see McDavid or Leon in the post season AGAIN!?

How much longer are we going to see McDavid in an Oilers jersey

Their hot start was driven by unsustainable shooting percentage and special teams that covered up one of the worst 5v5 teams in the league

That dried up, the goalie duo regressed and now we are seeing they are a two man show (arguably one with Drai being able to drive his own line still up for debate)

No quick fix happening there and Im not sure how much longer the biggest name in the league continues to let himself rot there

How much longer are we going to see McDavid in an Oilers jersey

Their hot start was driven by unsustainable shooting percentage and special teams that covered up one of the worst 5v5 teams in the league

That dried up, the goalie duo regressed and now we are seeing they are a two man show

No quick fix happening there and Im not sure how much longer the biggest name in the league continues to let himself rot there
they need a rebuild which is shocking given the historific lottery luck.

McDavid is stuck there for the life of his contract. He’ll only get traded if he refuses to extend before his ufa year.

Back