• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

I agree with zeke .... get seattle to take price with a first rounder attached to it.
Free up some money for the Canadiens, and seattle gets another top prospect for their future .... and if price bottoms out to badly, then seattle can always use one of their buyouts to get price off the books after a season or two.

Jmo

Maybe price has a metamorphisous and returns to his former self, allowing Seattle to trade him for more prospects.

Habs have to eat about 3 mil if any trade goes down to send him closer to home

He may bounce back , will be less pressure on an expansion team

Next CBA may have a few compliance buyouts to give him his royal bye bye payment

A better question might be how many good coaches can they actually hire?

Seems like a perfect next landing spot for Babs, by the way. But the spotlight on him might be a little too bright this season.

Babs will look at McDavid and Draisaitl's TOI and have a heart attack.

I am going to go on record as saying, that Fred better stand on his head starting right about now. Losing our best dman and our beast Mikheyev is going to make us a lot easier to play against.

We have to work harder than ever, cause those two guys were top ten on the team in terms of importance and Muzzin top five.

Only way he is going to be able to re brand is if he takes a million or so out of his pillow and hires a top notch p.r. team. He looks like a cheap guy, judging by his lousy suits. So doubt he does that.

looking at Holland's and Tippet's actual resumes over the past 7-8yrs, it's hilarious to think that there's a very real chance that the Oilers completely screwed the pooch all over again by hiring them.

welcome to toronto, Connor.

They could fhre Dubas and Keefe, and that team still only has 5 good players and exponentially more ex-Oilers in the front office than analytics people or skills coaches.

Not sure why people expected different results this year. Sure if McDavid scores 150 points they have a chance to make the playoffs.

I don't think McDavid wanted to be a Leaf any less than Tavares did.

CC6fP7wVIAAx6jl.jpg

They could fhre Dubas and Keefe, and that team still only has 5 good players and exponentially more ex-Oilers in the front office than analytics people or skills coaches.

Not sure why people expected different results this year. Sure if McDavid scores 150 points they have a chance to make the playoffs.

i kinda don't hate their defense, and koskinen has been credible in net this year.

kinda think a generational player should be able to make more of that.

I don't know. That D is kinda terrible. They have 2 players that have played at an average level this year (Bear and Nurse).

And they have legitimately 3 forwards.

Not sure how far two great players are supposed to take you. But probably not far. I don't think any model had them over 50% chance to make the playoffs. I'm definitely not putting money on that.

I’d put money on McDavid being a Leaf as soon as he goes ufa, which will coincide with Tavares being done. Who knows, maybe at that time Tavares takes a sweetheart one or two year deal to stay on as our 3C. If he’s still pretty good, what a kick Matty, McDavid and Tavares down the middle would be.

What sucks for Mcdavid is he never had to sign for 8 years. Right after the 8 year deals started to go away. He had all the power to get more $ per and be done in 5.

Back