• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Orr and Mario too.

Gretz is maybe the only legit generational talent in the history of the game to have a long, healthy career, and numbers speak for themselves. I guess Ovie too if he can have another 3-4 healthy years.

But IMO Sid is right in there. What more can he do. He is top 5 in ppg playing in one of the lowest scoring eras in hockey. 3 cups, golden goal, 3 Lindsays.
Jagr.

If lemieux had been healthy, Gretzky may not have the most points in history.
I am not sure if a top 20 player ever had to go through the crap that mario had to endure.
For me .... crosby would be a top 10 player.
Not quite so sure he is a top 5.

Gretzky
Lemieux
Orr
Jagr
Messier
Keon ..... just kidding .... he is second lol
Lindros
Crosby or
Crosby
Lindros
Howe
Ovechkin
Richard

Orr on one knee is still at the top of that list imo. Gretzky was an offensive marvel, but he cheated so much, guy never backchecked once in his career. He singlehandedly lost us the game against the States in the Canada Cup. Its either Gretzky or Wendel for worst defensive player in NHL history.

Lemieux? Lol. Did you get a chance to watch him live, he made Rick Vaive look defensively interested.

its Orr and its not even close. 200 foot player, heck, 250 foot player. Gretzky and Lemieux were 50 foot players and seemed damn proud of it.

Gretzky couldn't win a Cup without Messier, Messier won two without Gretzky. Whenever I went to see the Oilers, Messier was the one you couldn't take your eyes off.

People always forget just how good Marcel Dionne was because he never won a cup.
It's a shame his a-hole little bro won a cup in such a shorter career.

I will always appreciate Marcel as he told Gord Stellick once he signed with a team purely for the $ as a free agent. So honest and refreshing.

Back