• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Also, they know translators are a thing right?

I’ve said this for years. It’s Molson, the worst thing to happen to the Habs was them acquiring the team. All political because of beer.

If the Habs had an owner that makes the bulk of their money outside Quebec they could easily say eff off. Truthfully, the Molsons should anyway. Put a winner on the ice and the fans won’t care. The millennial generation is not rabid about the French crap as the generation before mine and my own generation was.

These recent moves telegraph that Bergevin is on the hot seat. If he wasn’t he wouldn’t care about the injuries and just play the kids (which I prefer). That’s the organic tank right there.

Yup. He could and should tank the shit out of the season from here on in the hopes of landing Lafreniere. The fact that he's not doing that clearly shows where his head is at. And it isn't on the future of the team.

Yup. He could and should tank the shit out of the season from here on in the hopes of landing Lafreniere. The fact that he's not doing that clearly shows where his head is at. And it isn't on the future of the team.

Plus it will give the kids NHL experience and the staff a long term look at what prospects legitimately have a shot at making it. The NHL is not the AHL.

I legit feel bad for you, man. I've obviously gone through some tough times as a Leafs fan, but can't recall one dumbass being at the helm for so long despite a long history of piss poor management and zero results.

I’ve said this for years. It’s Molson, the worst thing to happen to the Habs was them acquiring the team. All political because of beer.

If the Habs had an owner that makes the bulk of their money outside Quebec they could easily say eff off. Truthfully, the Molsons should anyway. Put a winner on the ice and the fans won’t care. The millennial generation is not rabid about the French crap as the generation before mine and my own generation was.

i hear ya

bring back prohibition

How many good non French speaking candidates would even consider the job and the circus that goes with the city ?

If given various vacancies Montreal would be dead last choice last for an Yzerman type

anybody that is not a current GM would want the job

only 32 of those jobs out there

Remember when Randy Cunneyworth was named the interim head coach of the Habs for half a season, and the city (the French press in particular) pretty much had a nuclear meltdown about a filthy Anglo coaching their beloved Canadiens de Montréal?

It says a lot about the current climate of that organization that Montreal Cup winners like Scotty Bowman, Toe Blake, Dick Irvin, Frank Selke or Sam Pollock wouldn't even get so much as a job interview for either a coaching or GM vacancy.

What they need more than anything is someone from outside the organization who will come in, put a plan into place, stick with it, hire the best available people period regardless of ethnicity or their previous ties to the Canadiens organization (or lack thereof) and then ignore all the caterwauling from the media and the fans in the meantime.

I mean, there's been plenty of screaming here from all the loudest voices about plenty of the choices Shanahan has made, chief among them the decisions to not prioritize adding "toughness" or trade any of our young studs up front for a "stay-at-home-defenseman". And in the end it hasn't mattered.

agreed the french thing is stupid

but just put in a french shanny and pick a non french GM

win and the morons go away

The Kovalchuk deal is a desperation move and looks bad on the surface. But I mean.. There's literally 0 risk attached.

It just sucks to have a far worse talent pool to choose from than the Columbus Blue Jackets in terms of coaches and GMs. It's a big disadvantage for a stupid reason.

One thing that Bergevin benefitted from was the Habs hype machine. Unlike leafs, habs get fellated. Subban won an entirely undeserved Norris, and Galchenyuk was seen as an unfairly used elite talent instead of a lazy overrated bum, and he was able to capitalize bigtime on both in trades.

LOLOLOLOLOL

not even on our "home" broadcast

The Kovalchuk deal is a desperation move and looks bad on the surface. But I mean.. There's literally 0 risk attached.

like i said on the habs board

if kovy is good and habs suck you trade him
if kovy is good and habs are good you keep him
if kovy sucks - he goes to play with alzner

with armia, gallagher, drouin, byron all hurt they had cousins on the top line....lol

It just sucks to have a far worse talent pool to choose from than the Columbus Blue Jackets in terms of coaches and GMs. It's a big disadvantage for a stupid reason.

yep with high taxes and the french thing (but in terms of UFA and gms/coaches) habs are at a disadvantage

Back